Kraton Slick's Kraton 6s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I just saw that. How does that work :unsure:
I have seen that happen a bunch actually. I have even had some get marked as delivered… it was in my mailbox lol how they did that I have no clue. But if it hits my home town I will know it’s coming back and will get another package on the way.

I just noticed that Arrma changed the battery tray again, it now uses more screws to bolt it to the chassis, pretty sure I counted 7 the old one used 4.

I didn't even crash this thing yet maybe too much air?

20220219_173251.jpg

I didn't even crash this thing yet maybe too much air?

View attachment 201265
Its most likely the tower to tower brace. It will bend ur chassis in the slightest of nose dive
(i know because it happened to me after half a pack later after i hammered it straight) . Mine is still straight with the big air i did since i remove the brace. Did the same for my notorious v5 chassis. it was documented by people why the brace was a problem in the v4. Even with the metal chassis braces. When my chassis bended all my holes still lined up perfectly. Hammer it straight and run it without the center brace and see how it does

Last edited:
Its most likely the tower to tower brace. It will bend ur chassis in the slightest of nose dive
(i know because it happened to me after half a pack later after i hammered it straight) . Mine is still straight with the big air i did since i remove the brace. Did the same for my notorious v5 chassis. it was documented by people why the brace was a problem in the v4. Even with the metal chassis braces. When my chassis bended all my holes still lined up perfectly. Hammer it straight and run it without the center brace and see how it does
The T2T brace was what clued me in that something wasn't right. The rear screw was pulled out about 5mm. It's coming off now. The chassis isn't bent enough to really effect anything thankfully.
:( that sucks. My talion one bent up pretty good too. View attachment 201274View attachment 201276
I might try the Scorched Rc Titanium chassis for the EXB.

The T2T brace was what clued me in that something wasn't right. The rear screw was pulled out about 5mm. It's coming off now. The chassis isn't bent enough to really effect anything thankfully.

Sparks here we come! Lol

I have the scorched titanium chassis on my kraton v5 bashed about 5 times so far all good

Nice Build. Following...

A long rear 7075 skid plates also helps a lot to prevent the rear chassis bending

View attachment 201364

Interesting. Who makes a long rear skid plate like that? Are the two forward holes in the chassis existing holes or did they have to be drilled? Was planning on using an RPM plastic rear skid plate on my Kraton 6S to try to keep the weight down, but if a long skid plate like that might help prevent the chassis from negatively bending during bashing sessions, might be worth the weight penalty.

Nice Build. Following...

Interesting. Who makes a long rear skid plate like that? Are the two forward holes in the chassis existing holes or did they have to be drilled? Was planning on using an RPM plastic rear skid plate on my Kraton 6S to try to keep the weight down, but if a long skid plate like that might help prevent the chassis from negatively bending during bashing sessions, might be worth the weight penalty.
Scorched RC, Markhor, M3 Germany, POS Racing are a few that I know of. You have to drill the holes.

Looking good.

I highly recommend upgrading the Max6 fan. I use a WFO racing shroud to fit a 40mm server fan to it. I hit high ESC temps mid pack, until I added the 40mm.

View attachment 184215

I was not impressed by the WFO fan mount at all. Extremely poor print job imho. 0/10 will not buy again.

20220721_095126.jpg
20220721_095038.jpg
20220721_095025.jpg

I was not impressed by the WFO fan mount at all. Extremely poor print job imho. 0/10 will not buy again.

What are those fan shrouds printed in? Looks to be PLA? PLA doesn't seem like a good fit as a filament choice for something like that. It does not like heat exposure and also turns more brittle as it is exposed to humidity/moisture. I have a roll of black Hatchbox PLA that became super brittle and pretty much unusable after I forgot about it and left the roll loaded on one of my printers for a week or 2. It's humid here in Baltimore, MD during the summers, and despite the fact that everyone claims that PLA is not hygroscopic, it does seem to be affected by humidity. Just trying to unload the roll from the machine resulted in the filament snapping several times while handling it. Drying it for several hours in a dehydrator made it kinda usable again, but i'd be hesitant to use it for anything important after that. Something with better heat resistance seems like it would be a better choice for a fan shroud IMHO, maybe ASA or Nylon, but filaments like that are harder to print properly because they pretty much require an enclosure and higher ambient temps inside the enclosure to prevent warping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back