Kraton Slick's Kraton 6s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Forgot to take pictures before I tore it out of the box. But giving everything a once over, set the droop(which is kind of a pain in the ass with their new droop screws that are only accessible from the bottom), put some bearings in the steering bell crank, checked the front diff, changed the servo horn to 25T and slapped some carbon fiber rod over the aluminum T2T brace.

20211201_000914.jpg

I'm still waiting on a boatload of parts.

Forgot to take pictures before I tore it out of the box. But giving everything a once over, set the droop(which is kind of a pain in the ass with their new droop screws that are only accessible from the bottom), put some bearings in the steering bell crank, checked the front diff, changed the servo horn to 25T and slapped some carbon fiber rod over the aluminum T2T brace.

View attachment 183197

who are you?

View attachment 183197

Put 10mm bump stops on the front shocks. You’ll thank me later. The droop screws won’t save the front output cups.

Any info on how to do this?

Max6 4985 1650kv combo.

What he said ^
Simply pull off the shock bottoms and put a 10mm long piece of fuel tube over the end, reassemble the shock as normal, and now you have 10mm less travel, which avoids flexing the arm beyond the safe range. Also since it’s fuel tube and is somewhat pliable, it is a soft bump stop which absorbs impact instead of the shock ends or stand offs.

No parts today :( and idk when the Max6 will ship it was on backorder when I ordered it.

Simply pull off the shock bottoms and put a 10mm long piece of fuel tube over the end, reassemble the shock as normal, and now you have 10mm less travel, which avoids flexing the arm beyond the safe range. Also since it’s fuel tube and is somewhat pliable, it is a soft bump stop which absorbs impact instead of the shock ends or stand offs.
Nice tip. Worth doing on the rear shocks at all? I just got my exb and I’m going to slowly upgrade.
No parts today :( and idk when the Max6 will ship it was on backorder when I ordered it.
Excited to see this one. I just got an exb also and can’t decide how I’ll lay it out. Max6 sounds like a good start I was thinking to go that route as well.

Nice tip. Worth doing on the rear shocks at all? I just got my exb and I’m going to slowly upgrade.

Excited to see this one. I just got an exb also and can’t decide how I’ll lay it out. Max6 sounds like a good start I was thinking to go that route as well.
Sure you can do the same all four corners. You might find you want a little longer stop in the rear. It’s easy to measure. Just push the truck down to where you feel is a safe bottom and then mark the shock shaft where the end of the shock body is at that point. Take the shock off the truck and measure that distance from the perch to the line and that is your bump stop total. I would add a mm or two to that measure because they will compress somewhat under load. And they don’t last forever. They will break after a certain level of abuse, so check them after each bash to ensure they didn’t split or break. You will get a feel for how long they last depending on your setup and bashing level.

Servo installed.

20211203_105006.jpg

I love that Arrma gave us this fairly large receiver box, but good god is it a pain in the ass to get at. And trying to get that little foam gasket in there fugetaboutit. How small do they think my fingers are? I don't have super large hands, I'd say they are average.

20211203_105203.jpg

Also received a notification from Hobbywing that my Max6 is on the way.

Now I want to open the other diffs................ I can't even get them the rest of the way out.

20211204_173755.jpg

FML.................................... idk how this happened I had everything dry fit together and was taking it back apart then it just snapped and now I can't even get the damn thing out.

20211204_212925.jpg

Sure you can do the same all four corners. You might find you want a little longer stop in the rear. It’s easy to measure. Just push the truck down to where you feel is a safe bottom and then mark the shock shaft where the end of the shock body is at that point. Take the shock off the truck and measure that distance from the perch to the line and that is your bump stop total. I would add a mm or two to that measure because they will compress somewhat under load. And they don’t last forever. They will break after a certain level of abuse, so check them after each bash to ensure they didn’t split or break. You will get a feel for how long they last depending on your setup and bashing level.
You continue to amaze me with your expertise.😊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back