Slicks stupid question of the day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
I know I should know this but, can I run an EXB diff in the front and a standard diff in the rear of my Outcast 6s? Or do I need to do both at the same time?

Okay that is what I figured wasn't sure if Arrma had changed the internal gears or not. Thanks fellas.
Let me know how it runs if you decide to go that route as I've been tossing the idea around to try it also.

I have been having great success with exb front and rear. But my rear is set to max with 3k in it and it acts like it’s open until I really get on it. Kinda best of both worlds.

Yes, the final drive ratio of both the EXB and standard RTR diffs are the same. The standard diff main and input gears are just not as robust as the EXB's.
But will work fine. I would think full open at the rear is always best. IMHO.

I know I should know this but, can I run an EXB diff in the front and a standard diff in the rear of my Outcast 6s? Or do I need to do both at the same time?
Can you run this, yes. But will you WANT to do this…. IMO no. Here’s why.

The RTR diffs use 5mm outdrives with brittle sun gear pins. The rear diff, if any, is where the 6mm outdrives of the EXB diffs are needed. This is unless you run a very open center diff to keep the power off the rear diff.

I would much rather run the open shimmed EXB diff in the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back