Slick's Vaterra Kalahari

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks alot ordered them cant wait not used the car in ages!
You are still using the stock motor right? I only suggested those based on assuming you still had the stock motor as the stock motor only has a 2mm shaft. If you have an aftermarket motor with a 1/8" shaft you should switch to 48p gears.

Yea all stock! Looking at some aluminium parts aswell though.
Only aluminum upgrades parts I cannot find are the front hubs, I found the suspension mounts, rear hubs and front c blocks. Exotech made some aluminum stuff but it is hard to find. Other than that that is all that was ever available for aluminum parts for these. Some of the stuff from the Mini 8ight will work.

Yea I found it all on Ebay minus the front hubs like you said, I'm In the UK so it's going to take around a month to get here

Yea they look so similar would be interesting to see if they fit might order them for the sake of 20, would be awesome if they do can always modify them abit if need be

Yea they look so similar would be interesting to see if they fit might order them for the sake of 20, would be awesome if they do can always modify them abit if need be
They will fit, the Kalahari shares a lot of parts with the Mini 8ight.
Diffs.
Gearboxes.
Motor mount.
Steering bellcrank.
Servo mount.
Servo saver.
Front and rear hubs.
Caster blocks.
And I think the battery tray is the same.

Okay brilliant thanks alot for the help, I'll take some pictures when the stuff arrives! Will be my first time changing the spur should be fun!

Okay brilliant thanks alot for the help, I'll take some pictures when the stuff arrives! Will be my first time changing the spur should be fun!
Other vehicles that are 99.9 the same are the Vaterra Kemora, Losi Mini Rally and the Losi 1/14 Desert Truck. The Kemora and Rally have different tires, bumpers and bodies, the Desert Truck is just a different body same wheels but a different color. The electronics were slightly different too.

Let the teardown of the parts car begin.
20211105_234411.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back