Kraton slide motor mount and spur gear mesh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metz82

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys,

I have the v5 kraton with the slide motor mount. The spur gear mesh seems a little loose but the motor is slid all the way in, no more travel to make it tighter. It's the stock gear and pinion with only 2 hours not intensive drive on them.

I wonder if this is how it's designed but it seems weird. Does anyone else have it the same way ?

Here it is as close to the gear as it can:
20210702_111453.jpg

But mesh feels still loose:

Mine was the same. Very irritating. I even went as far as to make the little divot in the plastic diff housing lid deeper to accommodate the screw heads. Ended up just putting on a bigger pinion myself bit probably not the best solution.

Can you use screws with a smaller head so you can tighten it up a bit more? You only need a tiny bit more room.
The limit are not the screws in my case it's the mount it self reaches the maximum travel, basically the movable part of the mount reaches the static :(

That mesh didn’t seem loose to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Me either… hey try holding the pinion while you check the mesh .. that’ll give you a better idea… the pinion is moving in the video ..
Hi guys,

I have the v5 kraton with the slide motor mount. The spur gear mesh seems a little loose but the motor is slid all the way in, no more travel to make it tighter. It's the stock gear and pinion with only 2 hours not intensive drive on them.

I wonder if this is how it's designed but it seems weird. Does anyone else have it the same way ?

Me either… hey try holding the pinion while you check the mesh .. that’ll give you a better idea… the pinion is moving in the video ..
Yep you don’t need to spin the gears, just move them enough to tick against each other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back