Big Rock Slipper Clutch help/questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegunsmith

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
So my slipper clutch came loose while I was running today about 10 minutes into my first bash since I received my warranty parts from arrma. Took it home to tear it apart because I assumed my spur gear had been torn up again. I try to tighten the slipper clutch and while I'm tightening it I can see that it only gets so tight and then the screw pops out a bit. I can keep tightening it but the screw will continue to rise up at a certain point, so it is not tightening past that point. Keep in mind at this point I am putting very little torque on the screw and I know it should be getting way tighter. I was looking at a slipper clutch maintenance set and noticed I am missing 2 of the parts shown in the set. Could these missing parts be the reason I can't tighten the slipper clutch to where it should be? Any help would be appreciated
Link to the maintenance set https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-3s-blx-slipper-clutch-maintenance-set-ara310882/p786313

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-04-01 203913.png
    Annotation 2019-04-01 203913.png
    294.1 KB · Views: 125
The smaller part u have circled is not used in any of the 3s rigs as far as I can tell. The screw threads directly into the aluminum hub. The bigger part is a cover for the output gear of the slipper that is also not needed to operate. I think u need a new hub assembly because u stripped out the one u have. I think this is the part u need.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHAYD&P=Z

So my slipper clutch came loose while I was running today about 10 minutes into my first bash since I received my warranty parts from arrma. Took it home to tear it apart because I assumed my spur gear had been torn up again. I try to tighten the slipper clutch and while I'm tightening it I can see that it only gets so tight and then the screw pops out a bit. I can keep tightening it but the screw will continue to rise up at a certain point, so it is not tightening past that point. Keep in mind at this point I am putting very little torque on the screw and I know it should be getting way tighter. I was looking at a slipper clutch maintenance set and noticed I am missing 2 of the parts shown in the set. Could these missing parts be the reason I can't tighten the slipper clutch to where it should be? Any help would be appreciated
Link to the maintenance set https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-3s-blx-slipper-clutch-maintenance-set-ara310882/p786313

@schmack b is almost certainly right. I had this happen once and it turned out I cracked the slipper hub from tightening it too much. It cracked right where the screw goes through and it prevented me from tightening the screw. I didn’t realize it until I took the entire assembly apar and the cracked piece fell off. I would check that first.

Thank you both I will take it apart later today and see if its cracked.

Do you think it could be the screw? I inspected the hubs the best I could and I see no cracks or any damage really. I'm trying to avoid buying something I don't need as I have already put too much money into this thing just trying to get it to work properly.

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_160937.jpg
    IMG_20190402_160937.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back