Slipper clutch, how tight is too tight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sion Jones

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
So I’ve actually been able to put a few LiPos through my Kraton finally, and I noticed that the slipper clutch was loosening up. Fair enough, give it a bit of a tweak.
For info, the Kraton 4s doesn’t have a center diff, just the slipper.

Now, Ive tightened it a bit and done a quick test, and it pops wheelies on tarmac!! Awesome! And this is only on 3s!

But, how tight is too tight? Despite running and racing RC cars for over a decade previously, I’ve never actually had to deal with a slipper, I went from two Tamiyas, to a Boss Cat, to a predator, to a Fireblade, none of which came with a slipper, so this is somewhat new to me.

Thanks for info.

So I’ve actually been able to put a few LiPos through my Kraton finally, and I noticed that the slipper clutch was loosening up. Fair enough, give it a bit of a tweak.
For info, the Kraton 4s doesn’t have a center diff, just the slipper.

Now, Ive tightened it a bit and done a quick test, and it pops wheelies on tarmac!! Awesome! And this is only on 3s!

But, how tight is too tight? Despite running and racing RC cars for over a decade previously, I’ve never actually had to deal with a slipper, I went from two Tamiyas, to a Boss Cat, to a predator, to a Fireblade, none of which came with a slipper, so this is somewhat new to me.

Thanks for info.

Most here say go all the way tight and then back it off a half turn.

My Senton is I think a half turn from full tight (I mean I clamped the assembly down then did the adjustment, so probably full tight) drenched in ARRMAs favorite, red loctite.

How do you gauge "full tight"?
When you turn the wrench and won't tighten any more. It's bottomed out and locked down at that point. Then back off the other direction about full half turn of wrench and try it out.

When you turn the wrench and won't tighten any more. It's bottomed out and locked down at that point. Then back off the other direction about full half turn of wrench and try it out.
Oh wow, OK. I don't think it's anywhere near that tight!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back