Raider Slipper Clutch Raider BLS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfedders96

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi,

Can the slipper clutch be adjusted on the raider BLS? The manual says to do so, but when I take the gear cover off there is no nut as in the photo in the manual. Also the cover has "don't adjust slipper clutch b/c it was set in the factory" I'm confused. Thanks!

Hi,

Can the slipper clutch be adjusted on the raider BLS? The manual says to do so, but when I take the gear cover off there is no nut as in the photo in the manual. Also the cover has "don't adjust slipper clutch b/c it was set in the factory" I'm confused. Thanks!

Indeed it sounds strange!
That said, Arrma has changed a lot for the 2016 models.
Could you post a picture of the slipper clutch?

Hi,

This sure sounds like the slipper on my Mega Raider. I thought the BLS was adjustable. Pics would definitely help if you can post em up.

See pics. My issue is on a dirt track (dry/dusty) when giving it gas it fish tails when starting from a stopped position and coming out of a turn. I need more control on a dirt track. The cover tells you not to adjust it. I don't pull a wheelie or anything when I gas it, just spin then go. Agai this is on the 2014 bls.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 48
See pics. My issue is on a dirt track (dry/dusty) when giving it gas it fish tails when starting from a stopped position and coming out of a turn. I need more control on a dirt track. The cover tells you not to adjust it. I don't pull a wheelie or anything when I gas it, just spin then go. Agai this is on the 2014 bls.

That is the same as on my Mega, 2014 version, which is definitely not adjustable. You could probably check the part numbers from the BLX and upgrade to the adjustable.

I haven't yet. It was on my list. I'm not sure if the new XL BLX is different. The parts would have to be from the old, smaller BLX version.
I did upgrade my diff and gearbox to the BLX version, with the metal gears. Not sure if that would be necessary in order to do the adjustable slipper. If anyone else knows for sure, please help!!

Thank you for clarify this issue!
What the ....did they do???

Is this cheaper than the slipper clutch parts?
Why Arrma are you doing this?

Together with the problems I hear about the Raider BLX and BLX XL, Fury BLX and Granite BLS and BLX I will not recommend these trucks to people anymore...:mad:

If you take the C clip from the end of the slipper clutch, the black plastic cover will detach and you can adjust your slipper clutch.

See page 12 of the Manual for 2014:

Page 12 Mega BLS 2014.jpg

If you take the C clip from the end of the slipper clutch, the black plastic cover will detach and you can adjust your slipper clutch.

See page 12 of the Manual for 2014:

View attachment 8061

So it is only extra protection people do not mess up their slipper clutch?
A cover with a C-clip, and underneath is just the usual slipper clutch bolt adjustment?

That's nice from Arrma (but still what are they doing with the composite gears for the BLX versions?)
But you can ask yourself why adding so much extra stuff for nothing?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back