Kraton Slipper clutch weird question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Typhon 3s
The strangest thing. Installed a new one, had to use locktite, and even after that it would spin after a couple seconds. But today, I decided to run it in reverse also. After that, all good and running. The screw is secured. How is it that running in reverse seemed to fix the issue?

The strangest thing. Installed a new one, had to use locktite, and even after that it would spin after a couple seconds. But today, I decided to run it in reverse also. After that, all good and running. The screw is secured. How is it that running in reverse seemed to fix the issue?
It is normal to ear the clutch time to time but if it kills the ability to wheelie or to jump then it is loose if you used blue thread lock odds are it might have failed du to the heat the clutch produces thats why i only run red threadlock. Leave me to tune the clutch on the field and the screw is still tight inside a pain to remove to serfice after a few months tho

How tight should these be? I loosened mine and clearly hear clutch squeal: but I figure it's going it's job protecting things.

I could tighten it a bit I guess but we can burnout and stuff. I don't want to destroy everything down stream if you know what I mean.
Maybe as we get better at driving we can tighten it up a bit.

If it’s slipping that much it’s too loose IMO. It really is a fine balance between loose and tight. I fought this for a year or so. Once you get it dialed in and thread locked well, you will enjoy your car much more.

How tight should these be? I loosened mine and clearly hear clutch squeal: but I figure it's going it's job protecting things.

I could tighten it a bit I guess but we can burnout and stuff. I don't want to destroy everything down stream if you know what I mean.
Maybe as we get better at driving we can tighten it up a bit.
I left mine too loose and melted the driveshaft, motor mount, diff yokes and stripped the rear diff as it fell out of alignment when everything melted. fully tighten and back off 1/8 of a turn works forme

I think we will tighten it a bit more.

You want to hear it slip for a split second when giving it the berries from a standstill (or even when it's rolling backwards). Like a tenth or two of a second, anything over a half second would definitely be too long.

You want to hear it slip for a split second when giving it the berries from a standstill (or even when it's rolling backwards). Like a tenth or two of a second, anything over a half second would definitely be too long.
We can tighten more. We just went to punch 5 on the max10 sct

We've been conservative on punch and clutch because our rear diff is clacking but the upgrade parts are a few km away and will be here tomorrow or Tuesday!! Post service sucks but they're bound to arrive soon.

Time to break stuff.

Punch 5 on the custom mega

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back