Granite Slipper clutch

RC Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Any ideas as to why a tightened slipper clutch would make a loud noise when I hit the throttle now? Don't want to burn anything up.

MrTitanium

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Granite, Infraction, Nero
Maybe you stripped the diff gears or spur gear mesh is too tight.

Freelander

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
Mesh is too tight? Like. . . There should be a bit of play? I am stupid. But I just got an adjustable motor mount and will probably fiddlestick up meshing things. I bet there is a video for that too. . So nvm.
I like the auto censor feature on this forum. Thanks, bot!

GRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Any ideas as to why a tightened slipper clutch would make a loud noise when I hit the throttle now? Don't want to burn anything up.
Record the noise and we can help you better. When you hit the throttle too hard the slipper clutch is supposed to slip and makes a distinctive whining sound. If you tighten it too much, it creates too much stress and the slipper screw breaks loose. After that, the slipper clutch slips all the time and you will hear that whining sound from any kind of throttle. If it's not a whining sound, you broke something else.

RC Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Record the noise and we can help you better. When you hit the throttle too hard the slipper clutch is supposed to slip and makes a distinctive whining sound. If you tighten it too much, it creates too much stress and the slipper screw breaks loose. After that, the slipper clutch slips all the time and you will hear that whining sound from any kind of throttle. If it's not a whining sound, you broke something else.
It's definitely a grinding noise

Reactions: GRC

GRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
It's definitely a grinding noise
I wouldn't run it then, there's a good chance you're grinding something up. Again, a video with sound would help. But it sounds like you're going to have to open it up to find out. Check for stripped teeth on the pinion, slipper clutch, spur gear, differential gear.

RC Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I wouldn't run it then, there's a good chance you're grinding something up. Again, a video with sound would help. But it sounds like you're going to have to open it up to find out. Check for stripped teeth on the pinion, slipper clutch, spur gear, differential gear.
I'll put up a video later.

RC Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
My phone only takes mp4 and I can't send the video in that format

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Infraction
Google Photos loaded on Android and iPhone then get a link to the video and share the URL here....

RC Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
Google Photos loaded on Android and iPhone then get a link to the video and share the URL here....
I will try that sometime. I went ahead and order a new spur gear and slipper set. Just gonna try that and see where it lands me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RC Frank Granite Slipper Clutch bolt Arrma 4x4 10
S Kraton Steel slipper clutch any better? Arrma 4x4 3
S Kraton Slipper clutch weird question Arrma 4x4 1
ArrmAh Outcast Another Slipper clutch question... Arrma 4x4 18