Senton Slipper Hub Breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper66

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I'm on my 3rd slipper hub.

i've had 2 that cracked

unnamed (1).jpg

and this one is the most recent one. its worn out to the point that its slipping over the rear input gear.

unnamed.jpg

anyone else have these problems. its annoying that these break so often. especially for $17 a set. Is there an stronger aftermarket version?

Yes, also on my third. With my Big Rock.
Its the rear end that breaks.
Maybe the slipper is set to strong/hard?
Would also like to hear if there is a stronger option, the metal feels weak...

No other option than stock that I know of. Loosen your slipper a little bit and it will help prevent the hub breakage. I run my Big Rock on 4s and with a properly adjusted slipper I have never broke a slipper hub.

I haven't cracked one yet, but I've bent them enough to prevent the bearing doesn't come off. I found out it's a somewhat common problem. There is no stronger replacement, but using the inner race of a bearing can provide some reinforcement.

From my experience it happens when the motor plate bends, so it tilts the slipper so it put force on the hub. one way to make it stronger is to put another bearing on the hub, outside the power module.

An extra bearing fits good on the rear outside. Looks like this would help.
Thanks to Yonic and Arrma Forum (y)
received_373216074138308.jpeg

I managed to strip every spine in mine could it not be drilled and tapped then put in a drive shaft screw to lock the 2 bits in place ?

20220202_135125.jpg

I'm on my 3rd slipper hub.

i've had 2 that cracked

View attachment 158660

and this one is the most recent one. its worn out to the point that its slipping over the rear input gear.

View attachment 158661

anyone else have these problems. its annoying that these break so often. especially for $17 a set. Is there an stronger aftermarket version?
That is why I do this on the back of the slipper hubs on all 4 of my 3s Arrmas. It’s a bearing race I cut out from an old bearing. It reinforces that high stress metal on metal connection part of the hub.

D528BE8A-FCAC-454F-81E9-799AA46AF391.jpeg

0E33C144-6771-4A58-BA6C-E25892422ED6.jpeg

I managed to strip every spine in mine could it not be drilled and tapped then put in a drive shaft screw to lock the 2 bits in place ?

View attachment 197527
I’ve had that happen when the ‘click’ isn’t fully achieved when I slide in the motor module. Even slightly off can tear the hub out I learned. I hate when I do that and am super careful to get that full CLICK each time I put a motor module back in. If it takes a few attempts to get it right I’ll take the time to do it.

Last edited:
Reporting back after using the bearing race trick. While it should help, I still managed to bend the slipper housing again even with a M2C motor mount plate. Not terribly, but enough so I can't get the bearing off again. I've since added the 4s tower to tower center brace. By reducing chassis flex, my rear diff/input gear are surviving hard landings now, so I think it should also reduce bending of the slipper housing. Can't be sure though, I'm still running the slightly bent one. I'll replace it once that stuck bearing gives out.

Reporting back after using the bearing race trick. While it should help, I still managed to bend the slipper housing again even with a M2C motor mount plate. Not terribly, but enough so I can't get the bearing off again. I've since added the 4s tower to tower center brace. By reducing chassis flex, my rear diff/input gear are surviving hard landings now, so I think it should also reduce bending of the slipper housing. Can't be sure though, I'm still running the slightly bent one. I'll replace it once that stuck bearing gives out.
Bummer. Is it something you can photo? I’m curious…
Bummer. Is it something you can photo? I’m curious…
Do you mean that it mushroomed?

I don't think it would show up in a photo. It's not very visible. It works fine, I just can't get the bearing off anymore because it's ever so slightly bent.

I don't think it would show up in a photo. It's not very visible. It works fine, I just can't get the bearing off anymore because it's ever so slightly bent.
Yeah, I always called that mushrooming. The bearing race helps with it but it’ll still mushroom some cause the bearing is a slightly larger diameter. So typically I’ll put a good jims bearing on there to begin with and not worry about replacing it lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back