Granite Slipper hub failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
6398E96B-0948-4C54-A9EE-DB557821EE1F.jpeg
A4A2EF60-60AB-41DF-9D0E-51AE61166D90.jpeg
So this just happened. Lost the pin too. I was running my Mamba-X/1410-3800Kv combo with punch control 10%. Brought The truck in and tightened the slipper. Went back out and pulled a few wheelies and then the breakage.

1B5718CC-C85B-4EA7-B2CD-27FE94A2D906.jpeg
Actually, I didn’t lose the pin. It was still in the shaft. I’m pretty sure this broke when I cranked down the slipper nut. Be careful.

Yup happened to me. Keep that plate as you can dremel out the broken part so you just have slipper plate and not that tiny bit where the pen broke. Grind that flat and use it as the other slipper plate when you do the yeti mod. Just gotta chop the shaft down a bit.

Busted another :( This time on my Senton running 2s and the Yeti spur conversion. Seems to be a weak link.

I’m using the inner race of a bearing. My mesh was actually on the lose side. The first one I busted was on the stock spur. I think it’s just a function of the added power. My advice? Keep a few in your spare parts box :)

27C0EDA5-C7A0-46B1-90BD-39CA7C3E7FAE.png
I’m using the inner race of a bearing. My mesh was actually on the lose side. The first one I busted was on the stock spur. I think it’s just a function of the added power. My advice? Keep a few in your spare parts box :)

What is your dimension, O.D. Of bearing to bearing, measured with a dial caliper? I measured the stock set up at .994”, so that’s how I determined my spacer length with the Yeti conversion. My spacer is .177 long when paired with an .080 thick washer. (My flanged bushing is still in the works) Thanks

View attachment 20598

What is your dimension, O.D. Of bearing to bearing, measured with a dial caliper? I measured the stock set up at .994”, so that’s how I determined my spacer length with the Yeti conversion. My spacer is .177 long when paired with an .080 thick washer. (My flanged bushing is still in the works) Thanks

I used the inner race of a 10x15x4mm bearing. So I’m guessing the width is 4mm. Is that what you are asking? The diameter is so that it fits perfectly around the stock plastic spacer that comes with the stock spur.

What spur gear is that?

Nice work!

Thanks. It was a lot of dremmeling, that's for sure. The spur gear is an Arrma AR310782. Unfortunately it is discontinued. I lucked out and found it at a LHS. I want one more for my Senton. EDIT: Found one on Amazon and ordered it. Score!

Last edited:
Thanks. It was a lot of dremmeling, that's for sure. The spur gear is an Arrma AR310782. Unfortunately it is discontinued. I lucked out and found it at a LHS. I want one more for my Senton. EDIT: Found one on Amazon and ordered it. Score!
We decided to convert a slash 90 tooth spur gear and it works fine so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back