Big Rock Slipper hub problems and tire problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
So i just ordered these off amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09L4T86TF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title .

Supposed to be a 2.8 in tire but they are rubbing on the steering block. Worth trying to run or get somthing else?

Out put spline on the slipper hub for the rear diff has about had it. Replace just the hub and pads or buy a complete unit from jennys?

IMG_20221215_172411407.jpg

IMG_20221215_171329973.jpg

IMG_20221215_171326522.jpg

So i just ordered these off amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09L4T86TF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title .

Supposed to be a 2.8 in tire but they are rubbing on the steering block. Worth trying to run or get somthing else?

Out put spline on the slipper hub for the rear diff has about had it. Replace just the hub and pads or buy a complete unit from jennys?

View attachment 262842

View attachment 262843

View attachment 262844

Did you forget to put the center driveshaft spring back in.. Allowing the red slipper shaft to disengage and grind out the slipper hub?
Or did you over power the system with 4S power??

Did you forget to put the center driveshaft spring back in.. Allowing the red slipper shaft to disengage and grind out the slipper hub?
Or did you over power the system with 4S power??
Nope neither, thats the out drive for the rear diff. Just has alot of run time on it.

Get a 4s slipper/spur off Jenny’s for 38 bucks or so. It should come with a coller to go around the rear hub. I prefer the inner race of a slipper bearing though. Much stronger. It’ll help stop ‘swelling’ which can lead to cracked rear slipper hub and stripped out inside.

Seems like some one would make steel hubs
52 bucks aint spending that much
Get a 4s slipper/spur off Jenny’s for 38 bucks or so. It should come with a coller to go around the rear hub. I prefer the inner race of a slipper bearing though. Much stronger. It’ll help stop ‘swelling’ which can lead to cracked rear slipper hub and stripped out inside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back