Granite Slipper Hub upgrade - steel pinion needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi folks,

i recently busted my slipper hub on one side:
22ecfdad-3d0d-4c2d-b483-085fd3e7c8c4.jpg
50308007-69f1-428e-9fed-12b6061f8ff0.jpg

So now i decided to switch the whole thing due to delivery-shortage of with ARA310948, so the steel-counterpart of ARA311034.
Not that it does anything to prevent it from happening again since the hub is still aluminum, but hey, i got a steel gear. :p

Now the gear is narrower than the plastic one, does that mean i need a steel pinion like the ARA310999 as well? Running the stock BLX 3S Setup.

Thanks in advance
Denis

Hi folks,

i recently busted my slipper hub on one side:
View attachment 176402View attachment 176403

So now i decided to switch the whole thing due to delivery-shortage of with ARA310948, so the steel-counterpart of ARA311034.
Not that it does anything to prevent it from happening again since the hub is still aluminum, but hey, i got a steel gear. :p

Now the gear is narrower than the plastic one, does that mean i need a steel pinion like the ARA310999 as well? Running the stock BLX 3S Setup.

Thanks in advance
Denis
Nope no need to change the pinion, the stock one will be just fine. Just make sure to set your gear mesh correctly and you'll be good to go.

Like @Edough13 said, you will be all set with what is there..

Break the rear section of the chassis off?.. usually that's when those hubs snap.. I've been there once..🤣

@Camaroboy383 actually i have no clue. Everthing else seems fine. Mild bashing i would say.

But thx to you both! Good to know. (y)

Definitely be sure to check the chassis well around that rear section while the motor module is out.. It usually takes a good amount flex to pop that rear hub..

You sir, get the 🏆.. the inboard side is even harder to pop ..👍..
Crazy enough man is Idk how the hell it happened. I had 1 real good wreck in the very beginning. Which in turn got that slipper assembly. Truck was running great! Just was gonna do first diff maintanance and get familiar with the rig. Thats part of what all I found. 😆🤷

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back