Typhon Slipper plate took a dump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugs

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was cleaning my Typhon today which involving taking the motor out and I noticed that the slipper plate with the main drive shaft end seems to be missing a tooth, could there be an explanation for this I.e anything that needs adjusting for future reference or is it just debris damage, the spur gear had some play, could this have affected it ?
B0DD27D5-E5E1-4CDB-87ED-27CA8FD1943B.jpeg
AE93CD8E-4ADE-4C2D-B3AB-8251A396BD00.jpeg

I’m not new to the hobby but this is the first proper time I’ve taken an RC apart!

thanks

Attachments

• 53DECDC7-E05D-476B-AB53-813BD343F715.jpeg
    53DECDC7-E05D-476B-AB53-813BD343F715.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 50
That's a first. I've seen plenty of broken hubs but that is the least damage I've seen. I would just run that. Not a big deal IMO. Get yourself a new slipper hub set on the way, but continue bashing that for sure. Check your chassis for cracks.

I reckon that's still ok to use... maybe loosen your slipper a little? And you can use shims on the spur bearings to stop the back and forth play of the spur (I did)

I would actually get horizon hobby's warranty service in on this, because that there is near impossible for the user to break like so without damaging any other parts, that's more of a factory defect if any, they might honor your claim and get you a new spur set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back