Granite Slipper play/wobble front and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Decided to swap some bearings today. Did motor bearings and swapped ones in the drive unit while it was apart. Put it back together and now I’ve got wiggle front to back of the slipper with the drive unity closed and tightened. I don’t remember the wiggle before. Was it there already or is something wrong? Basic stuff here I’ve done before so Its really throwing me for a loop. Thoughts appreciated.

Decided to swap some bearings today. Did motor bearings and swapped ones in the drive unit while it was apart. Put it back together and now I’ve got wiggle front to back of the slipper with the drive unity closed and tightened. I don’t remember the wiggle before. Was it there already or is something wrong? Basic stuff here I’ve done before so Its really throwing me for a loop. Thoughts appreciated.

Front to rear play is normal.. some shim it out.. I let the spring loaded shaft take care of that..👍

When you go to adjust the mesh of the pinon and spur gears; or adjust the height of the pinion gear make sure to push the the slipper assembly forward towards the end where it goes into the diff; this way you get a perfect mesh and gear to gear bite. The spring loaded driveshaft usually pushes it so you don't need to worry about shimming.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back