Granite Slipper upgrade for Granite 550 mega brushed 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraniteSean

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is there an upgraded sliper clutch available to bolt into a stock brushed mega 550 granite ? Mine is likely on its way out and would like to improve on what it came with - not looking to go brushless with this one.

The one from the BLX models is the only other one available that I have seen. https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ear-slipper-clutch-assembly-diff-57t-ar102711
Do note this one comes with a 57t 0.8mod spur stock on the Mega is 91T 48p.
Thanks for the reply.
My research led me to the BLX slipper assembly, i will assume this is all that is available.
As i am new to the RC world could you advise what would be necessary to make that work in the stock driveline ? Assuming it is possible..

Thanks for the reply.
My research led me to the BLX slipper assembly, i will assume this is all that is available.
As i am new to the RC world could you advise what would be necessary to make that work in the stock driveline ? Assuming it is possible..
It will drop right in, but you should swap out the spurs as I don't think the Mega motor mount works with 32p pinions.

It will drop right in, but you should swap out the spurs as I don't think the Mega motor mount works with 32p
Nope it won’t. I started with a mega. I’m not even sure the mega plastic spurcase front would work with a 3s spur. I think Ive seen some on here run it but am not sure how successfully it worked.
Nope it won’t. I started with a mega. I’m not even sure the mega plastic spurcase front would work with a 3s spur. I think Ive seen some on here run it but am not sure how successfully it worked.
I know the back plastic part works because i used the back of my mega s when I broke the one on my vorteks. Actually…dang, It’s still in there 😂

I know the back plastic part works because i used the back of my mega s when I broke the one on my vorteks. Actually…dang, It’s still in there 😂
What?

Ok i am going down a rabbit hole here I think with changing spurs and ratios etc so i have to keep reminding myself here i am trying to keep this truck simple as i will buy another truck when the time comes to go bigger better faster just wanting to stay reliable and if something fails replace it with a tougher drop in component if possible.

I have now dissassembled the spur assembly Looking at the slipper pad i am presuming the material is all gone and i am left with a fibreglass disc ? The black particles to the right were on the disc when i pulled it off.

20210902_084837.jpg

Very good news, i had cleaned it before the pic, all the the baked looking black shiny stuff flaked off

I will reassemble and test now

The two piece spur case. it’s all plastic on the mega. Has the metal motor mount on the 3s. The back piece is the same. The front is not.
Im tired now a days and not explaining things all that well.

I have tested and it is very good. Turns out the slipper just needed cleaning and is more durable than i expected. An excellent result thanks for the support and input! I am learning quickly here.

If the slipper is a bit loose, it will get that black build up quicker. But make it too tight, and you risk stripping the spur. It is a balancing act. :)
Is it even possible to strip the spur on the Mega?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back