Kraton Slop in wheels and links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exup

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi is any body disappointed with the amount of over all play in wheels and steering components on the v4 kraton .im new to arrma .and don't know how much slop, play should be exceptable .i had dhk zombie before the v4 kraton which had less slop out the box . Is this how arrma's are and am i worried about nuthing. Any one with more experience could set me straight about this please

I've been really happy with mine, I had an issue on the first day where my steering locked up for a minute but I adjusted the end points and have not had the issue since. I did have to tighten up one of the pillow balls so I would suggest checking those over.

Hi is any body disappointed with the amount of over all play in wheels and steering components on the v4 kraton .im new to arrma .and don't know how much slop, play should be exceptable .i had dhk zombie before the v4 kraton which had less slop out the box . Is this how arrma's are and am i worried about nuthing. Any one with more experience could set me straight about this please
You can get it better but at a cost. The Hot Racing wheel hubs really help but you’re talking about $100. I’m not sure if it’s really worth it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the slop..!!

I have shimmed all my hubs, but it think most of the slop comes from the A arms and the hub carriers ( not the fronts though as they can be adjusted )...?

The shims I used were .. Answer-RC Shims 8x12mm (10 x 0.1 & 10 x 0.2mm) 20pcs - ANSSM0812-0102

I too would like to know from anybody that has a V3 or earlier if they had lots of slop also ..??

Thx

Attachments

• IMG_7507.jpeg
    IMG_7507.jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 103
I've been really happy with mine, I had an issue on the first day where my steering locked up for a minute but I adjusted the end points and have not had the issue since. I did have to tighten up one of the pillow balls so I would suggest checking those over.
Thanks for the reply. Im am happy with mine . Its jest it looks like it was thrown together in a rush. play in the wheels back wheels have like 2mm side to side. seems to come from wheel hex and links back is much worse than front pivot balls are the only thing that hasent got play in .iv only had one run and it seems to go ok fast and stable .i will shim the wheels and have ordered some upgraded arms front and back . Jest disappointed in the finish overall even my stickers are on the gimp and bubbles underneath them looks like thay were put on by a blind person

Thanks for the reply. Im am happy with mine . Its jest it looks like it was thrown together in a rush. play in the wheels back wheels have like 2mm side to side. seems to come from wheel hex and links back is much worse than front pivot balls are the only thing that hasent got play in .iv only had one run and it seems to go ok fast and stable .i will shim the wheels and have ordered some upgraded arms front and back . Jest disappointed in the finish overall even my stickers are on the gimp and bubbles underneath them looks like thay were put on by a blind person
Is the play like this? Go to 4:17.

@bicketybam I cured what you show at 4.17 with those shims I posted above, but the rest of the truck is a bit meh..
Yeh thats it but my v4 kraton is worse. Bigger wheels make it seem worse .its on the hubs and in the rear link ends .and the arms flex a lot .with it all added up it feels lose as hell really .iv ordered shims for the hubs. Two packs lol .and some rpm arms which apparently help two . I dident expect to upgrade before use .for the money i paid for the v4 .iv ordered a lot of upgrade parts for the steering coz the flex in the servo mount is unbelievable. But i was expecting that .only ran it once so far .and was blown away by the 6s power and how good it goes over bump's . I think i was expecting more quality. But i suppose its only a RTR .my dhk zombie doesn't seem all that bad now for the price

Yeh thats it but my v4 kraton is worse. Bigger wheels make it seem worse .its on the hubs and in the rear link ends .and the arms flex a lot .with it all added up it feels lose as hell really .iv ordered shims for the hubs. Two packs lol .and some rpm arms which apparently help two . I dident expect to upgrade before use .for the money i paid for the v4 .iv ordered a lot of upgrade parts for the steering coz the flex in the servo mount is unbelievable. But i was expecting that .only ran it once so far .and was blown away by the 6s power and how good it goes over bump's . I think i was expecting more quality. But i suppose its only a RTR .my dhk zombie doesn't seem all that bad now for the price

I really didn’t notice any negative effects from the wheel slop while running it, but it’s not like I am racing it on a track. I haven’t noticed the flax in the servo mount. I upgraded the ones in my other trucks but I’m going to stay stock on the Talion. I can’t comment on the Zombie. I’m pretty sure there is a member here that has one and bought a new Kraton. I believe he is going to sell the Zombie.

I'd be interested if somebody with RPM arms fitted could lets us all know if they are any better slop wise..??

As for the big wheels, I've got a spare set of Badlands 3.8's might give them a try too..??

I agree with @bicketybam that the slop doesn't seem to effect the handling of it though, so I'll just try to ignore it when I work on it..?

I'd be interested if somebody with RPM arms fitted could lets us all know if they are any better slop wise..??

As for the big wheels, I've got a spare set of Badlands 3.8's might give them a try too..??

I agree with @bicketybam that the slop doesn't seem to effect the handling of it though, so I'll just try to ignore it when I work on it..?
They are for a while, but now that I've been running mine for 6+ months with RPM, they have quite a bit of slop too. Especially the front upper arms where the hinge pin goes through. That gap is so narrow where the hinge pin holes are that the load doesn't spread very well and it eggs them out. With the sheer torque of brushless, you can see the arms rock back every time you pull the trigger. Not to mention all the cart wheels. Would have been better if they had spread the upper arm holes out a bit more so more material could be used.

I notice a lot of play on my upper tie-rod/ball ends on the rear as well, and in my steering ball ends. Probably due for a complete overhaul on all the ball ends. The only ones without play were the tekno rear shock rod ends I put on... which I broke one of today hitting a trash can out of a half pipe. They have been on there for 5+ months and don't have any discernible slop in them. Might be worth looking at tekno for all the rod ends for longevity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back