Slow a$$ shipping - USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope in stock but shipping like a ping pong ball I was in Afghanistan last time I checked and it shipped from California I believe
They are in Kansas? Did you order from Castle?

As someone who has personally shipped well in excess of 10k packages out via the USPS, I figure they're worthy of a little defense-- after all, this is an organization that delivered over 7 billion packages in 2020-- which is out of the 129 billion pieces of mail they handle. I've had far fewer issues with the Postal Service than any other carrier, despite using them 90% of the time. I did one time have a package I had shipped to PR returned to me with the actual red "Undeliverable" stamp-- almost a year after I had sent it.

FedEx is just the worst.* I had a package go "delivery exception" for five consecutive days-- and literally watched the truck slow down outside, then just drive away. It was finally delivered, by hand-- from a guy in a car, wearing a tie. They did follow-up phone calls and everything. I was interviewed by their QA department. At least they take it seriously. Does nothing to change the fact that they bungle at least one in four deliveries in one way or another.

UPS has been fine for outbound, but inbound? Hell, they've lost two of my orders already this year alone. I've lost track of how many times a big $$$ item has been "delivered to dock," and then I have to fight with UPS to prove that I never got it. Ever tried to prove to a corporation that you don't have something? "Well sir, it says it was delivered." Took almost two months to get a refund on one occasion. They once lost a table saw. A TABLE SAW.

*this is partly hyperbole. Any double-up delivery method, like UPS Mail Innovations or FedEx SmartPost are horrible. It's the slowest of the slow. But it is at least dependable. Short haul carriers like OnTrac and Dynamex are the real, god-honest, absolute quantifiable worst. Those numbskulls miss their delivery targets a solid 80% of the time.

Dude, just like, bring it to my house

Screenshot_20210628-142255_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210628-142307_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling mine will arrive before yours! Granted, it's not USPS.
Clipboard01.jpg

My personal list of 'good service and delivery ranked best to worst over last 6 month
0. My neighbor
1. Amazon - my neighbor does help though, we often exchange packets
2. USPS - occasional oddities, can't read address (from Amazon shipping label,clear as day to a blind person)
3. UPS (several delays and change in delivery dates)
4. FedEx - anything large, they barely slow down and claim delivery exception. Had to waive the driver down on the 3rd attempt.

Last edited:
Be careful with PII folks. At least one person`s full address posted...

Be careful with PII folks. At least one person`s full address posted...
And for those who don't know what PII is, it stands for "personally identifiable information". When things like birthday, address, job info, and other items of PII are connected to a person's name that may be enough for someone to steal your identity. Social media sites are scanned regularly by folks looking to mine your PII.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back