Granite Slow down Granite 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagsy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’ve just bought 2 used granites, a mega 550 and a 3s BLX. I was going to give the mega to my 3 year old son as he is mad about RC cars but by exb is a tad much for him!

i was going to keep the mega and sell the BLX but not I’m leaning towards keeping the BLX as I prefer using lipos and having a brushless system. However, even on 50% throttle, it’s far to fast for him (on 3s) so my question is, what’s the best way to slow it down even more?!

I know I could buy some 2s lipos, which I will do if required, but would rather use 3s as I have loads of them. Would putting a much lower KV motor in do the trick and keep the speed right down on 3s?

TIA.

Put your controller on 50 percent and use a 2S battery... Keep the BLX for sure.
Cheers. It’s already at 50% (on 3s) and still too fast. I’m guessing a 2s lipo would mean a 33% drop in speed which would also probably still be too much! 😂

just looked on Banggood and can get a 2200kv motor for about £12 so might give that a go and buy some 2s lipos?! 🤷🏽‍♂️

Cheers. It’s already at 50% (on 3s) and still too fast. I’m guessing a 2s lipo would mean a 33% drop in speed which would also probably still be too much! 😂

just looked on Banggood and can get a 2200kv motor for about £12 so might give that a go and buy some 2s lipos?! 🤷🏽‍♂️
Yes sir. Gonna be about all u can do. The 2s on 50% should be ok with some protection 😆

Just yesterday i swapped my big rocks esc & motor in the granite mega and running it on 2s @50% is great for the kids(they are also around 3years old)
I estimate that at 50% it runs around 20mph, 100% i would say around 30mph.
Time to check with the gps:)
Btw you can turn down the punch in the esc settings aswell
And no heat issues like with the brushed motor/esc, so keep the blx for sure

Saw a post on here a long time ago showing something being taped to the transmitter handle that would limit how far the trigger can be pulled. Like a little piece of foam or something. Then you can slowly reduce the size of the object until he's good at 50% on 3s.

Yes sir. Gonna be about all u can do. The 2s on 50% should be ok with some protection 😆
I think everyone in the local area will need protection from him! 😂
You can set throttle end points a lot lower on the ESC. Instead of full brake full throttle, he can get 25% brake or throttle if you don't set the end point correctly/all the way. If you don't understand what I said just message me and I will show you exactly how to do it.
I will give that a go, cheers. I’ve set the endpoints at 100% when binding before so should be able to figure how to make it less…. 😬

might send an sos once I’ve tried it though! 😂

Last edited:
Put your speed down to 50% and use 2s and gear down and I’m not sure you can do anything else…maybe convert it to a 1s? That’s the best you can do with this kind of a situation

A nimh battery would also slow it down by a lot due to the weight. Go with a 6 cell for less voltage. Nimh batteries lose voltage as you run them.

Another route would be to change the Tx/Rx..... I have a 3S that my 3 year old grandson drives, it has the DUMBORC radio in it , I can set the throttle trim down to the point that the car barely moves... but I agree with everyone else, keep the BLX.
https://www.amazon.com/INJORA-Trans...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Edit. Just noticed that the link is NOT for the DumboRC radio..... looks like the 6 channel is out of stock on Amazon right now....

Last edited:
A nimh battery would also slow it down by a lot due to the weight. Go with a 6 cell for less voltage. Nimh batteries lose voltage as you run them.
Can the BLX100 run nimh then?
Another route would be to change the Tx/Rx..... I have a 3S that my 3 year old grandson drives, it has the DUMBORC radio in it , I can set the throttle trim down to the point that the car barely moves... but I agree with everyone else, keep the BLX.
https://www.amazon.com/INJORA-Trans...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Yeah that’s a good idea too, thanks. 👍🏽

Edit. Just noticed that the link is NOT for the DumboRC radio..... looks like the 6 channel is out of stock on Amazon right now....

It is in stock just not the one with the Gyro receiver. I have these on my big rock and granite. I love being able to put it down to 10% so even a trigger-happy 5 year-old can use it.It is also a fantastic remote that increases performance well above the stock one.

DUMBORC X4 4CH RC Radio System Transmitter and Receiver X6F 2.4ghz Remote Controller for RC Car Boat Tanks(Distance 400m-500m) Controller Transmitter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RR81GSB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DFWQ373FT1GAAMPPPJCQ

Can the BLX100 run nimh then?

Yeah that’s a good idea too, thanks. 👍🏽
Yes, the BLX100 can run nimh, you just need to program it which takes around 2 minutes to do.

It is in stock just not the one with the Gyro receiver. I have these on my big rock and granite. I love being able to put it down to 10% so even a trigger-happy 5 year-old can use it.It is also a fantastic remote that increases performance well above the stock one.

DUMBORC X4 4CH RC Radio System Transmitter and Receiver X6F 2.4ghz Remote Controller for RC Car Boat Tanks(Distance 400m-500m) Controller Transmitter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RR81GSB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DFWQ373FT1GAAMPPPJCQ
I actually ordered the X6A off Banggood - might have to wait a while for it should do the job!

Thanks for all your help guys 👍🏽

So, finally got the DumboRC X6 from Banggood and it works a treat! Can slow the car right down to crawling speed just using a rotary knob.

Thanks for all you help with this 👍🏽

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back