Slow Rebound and not very far

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charger

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
When I push the front end down on my Typhon 6s V5, it is slow to return and does not come up very far. It sits with maybe 1/2"or less ground clearance in the front. I see others push theirs down and it slowly returns but to regular ride height. I have taken the caps off of both shocks and both are full of oil. Both springs feel about the same with no difference noticeable between the two. Have even swapped sides with no differences. Am I over looking something or is this normal? Something doesn't seem right but I can't see it. The rear seems fine. Thanks

It doesn't return to the original ride height when it springs back?

Have you tried to tighten your shock collars so there is more compression on the springs?

You can tighten the springs and that'll make it bounce back faster. But that's not always a good thing because you are making your ride more stiff and bouncy when landing from jumps and just driving around. when you gas it your front goes way up anyways. If you tighten the springs it'll make you wheelie more as well because you aren't allowing the rear to squat as easily and absorb the power

Will- I recently rotated the tires and I guess it is possible that I over tightened the nuts. I will check them. Thanks
It doesn't return to the original ride height when it springs back?

Have you tried to tighten your shock collars so there is more compression on the springs?
RR44- It it only returns upward and has about 1/2" ground clearance. The spring adjustments are still in the stock position. Should they be adjusted? Both shocks are full of oil. The springs seemed to have about the same pressure when I pulled the caps off.

Take one side of the shock off and the sway bar as well. The arms should swing freely. If not, fix your balls (no binding, no pun ;) ) or your hingepin setup. If they move freely and fall just by gravity you can continue.
Now mount the sway bar. It should easy move left to right as well. The setscrews are only to keep it leveled but should not bind.
If all is well so far, make sure the shocks compress fully without any issues (bend rod?)
Re-mount the shock.
Any change on the rebound?
Now screw down the collar to preload the springs more. You can go all the way down but typically not needed. Just make sure that left and right side are equal.

Of course you can jump to the end and just turn the collars but you might have something else going on.

Yes, the shocks should slowly recover, they are shocks 😇. Assuming you have the right shock oil and the right dampener plate (or whatever it's called) inside the shock.. There are options but stock should be fine.

Thanks to everyone's responses. Have done what Will and RR44 have suggested and will do jkflow next. I think you hit it on the head. It is already much better and have gained about a half inch. Also have not tried adjusting the springs. Just a good cleaning and some Blaster and WD-40 has made a huge difference. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back