Typhon Slow Talion compared to Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a truggified Typhon (on not taped Trenchers that balloon quite a bit, which are barely bigger in diameter than the stock tires). It will wheelie at any speed (on asphalt, and ocasionnaly on dirt) with a pinion 15% larger than stock, on 4S. I'm running 50/50/50 oil in the diffs.

Not the talion, proportionally identical pinion, stock oil (10/100/10 afaik, so in theory even better), Katar stock tires, feels slower and doesn't wheelie ever. I understand it's a longer wheelbase, but I was at least expecting some action from a standstill. Punch setting doesn't change anything. Neither does recalibrating the ESC.

Do your Talions wheelie on 4S, or are the tires just not up to the job of putting power down (they're quite narrow, and trenchers have tons of grip compared to them on asphalt), did I somehow screw up the calibration of the RX or ESC (doubtful), do I need an even bigger pinion (why not, 15 is still reasonable)... Or is it the ballooning Trenchers that up the top speed and make it wheelie?

I'm not looking for wheelies, but the fact it feels slower is a bit depressing. I'm waiting on larger tires, but if there's anything else I might have missed, or shouldn't expect given the long wheelbase...

Thanks guys!

I answered my own question: I had the rear badlands give up (tear over 2 inches on one and 1 on the other) and put some cheap MT tires (larger diameter even, 135mm but crappy hard compound), and no wheelies. So it's either the ridiculous ballooning on the grip.

Back Flips, stock gearing, 4S and my Talion will wheelie on demand. It is SOOOO stable with these tires, and jumps/flips better than my Kraton.

Back Flips, stock gearing, 4S and my Talion will wheelie on demand. It is SOOOO stable with these tires, and jumps/flips better than my Kraton.

Aren't the backflips too large to allow chassis slap before the front shocks are already at full compression?

Aren't the backflips too large to allow chassis slap before the front shocks are already at full compression?
I run backflips with hr 5mm hub extenders on my talion and absolutely love the way it floats. I get sold chassis slap no issues. I mostly run 6s pretty hard on dirt/grass hills and rough terrain. On stock gearing with fans my motor and esc would get way to hot, like thermal shutdown hot. I put in the 12t outcast stock pinion in along with 20k-500k-60k oil in diffs,& punch setting on 9. On 6s I can do standing back flips, wheelies at any speed and cool temps while hammering an entire pack! Found my sweet spot!

I run backflips with hr 5mm hub extenders on my talion and absolutely love the way it floats. I get sold chassis slap no issues. I mostly run 6s pretty hard on dirt/grass hills and rough terrain. On stock gearing with fans my motor and esc would get way to hot, like thermal shutdown hot. I put in the 12t outcast stock pinion in along with 20k-500k-60k oil in diffs,& punch setting on 9. On 6s I can do standing back flips, wheelies at any speed and cool temps while hammering an entire pack! Found my sweet spot!
Is that with the v1/2 or V3 and its noticeably shorter shocks? I have the v3 :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back