Slow Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntingd49

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I bought my talion about 5 months ago and I just got a replacement esc for it because it seemed very slow and even after I replaced it the car still seems slow. It’s on punch setting nine and has a 17 tooth pinion. I know it can only be the esc,motor,or the reciever. What could it be?

Last edited:
I bought my talion about 5 months ago and I just got a replacement esc for it because it seemed very slow and even after I replaced it the car still seems slow. I know it can only be the esc,motor,or the reciever. What could it be?
Have you tried resetting the ESC?

Have you tried different batteries? How are you charging/balancing?

And you did program your throttle and brake end points with the new esc right? I do any time I change esc's or recievers.
I have not done that yet. I did on the old esc before I called and it is the exact same speed as before I got a new one.

How fast do you think it's going with your current setup?
I would say roughly 40-45mph. It has a 17 tooth pinion which is bigger than stock. It really seems to be dragging. Looking back at a video when I first got it on stock pinion it was running fast and I could beat a sports bike now I can barely keep up with a car

Yea, seems a little slow for 6s on a 17t pinion. Optional 20t should get you in the 70mph area. If you know someone with different batteries you could borrow try that. Also look for any binding in the drivetrain. From my experiences the stock bearings don't last long especially if you don't clean them often.

Yea, seems a little slow for 6s on a 17t pinion. Optional 20t should get you in the 70mph area. If you know someone with different batteries you could borrow try that. Also look for any binding in the drivetrain. From my experiences the stock bearings don't last long especially if you don't clean them often.
I can get different batteries to try and will go through and look at bearings and clean them up a little. If that doesn’t work should I go ahead and give them a call?

How are your temps when running with the 17T? Neodymium loses its magnetic strength after 80C, and fails after 100C. Could be a motor issue, you might want to service than. Or you could have developed rolling resistance. The other possibility is your batt, it could be suffering from degradation

How are your temps when running with the 17T? Neodymium loses its magnetic strength after 80C, and fails after 100C. Could be a motor issue, you might want to service than. Or you could have developed rolling resistance. The other possibility is your batt, it could be suffering from degradation
Temps are great stays at a good spot. What is rolling resistance exactly?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back