Typhon Slow Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Typhon 3s does 50mph completely stock so I would assume that the Typhon 6s V3 would have to do more than 50mph, otherwise what is the difference between 3s and 6s?? With a typhon 6s you should be getting about 70-80mph

There are other factors at play too. The 6S stock has a lower pinion at 14T vs 3S 15T. It also has a lower kv motor (2400kv vs 3200kv). You need the extra battery voltage just to make up for the added weight, pinion, and motor out of the box. After putting in the 20T pinion it should hit 70mph on 6S.

My Typhon 3s does 50mph completely stock so I would assume that the Typhon 6s V3 would have to do more than 50mph, otherwise what is the difference between 3s and 6s?? With a typhon 6s you should be getting about 70-80mph
That Im not sure. My phone Gps said 58mph. With the speed pinion it can do 70mph.

I know it is a pain in the butt and makes the soul ache, but all RTR cars should really be checked right out of the box, no matter the brand. Things like double checking all visible screws to make sure they are snug, checking pillow balls for play, opening up diffs to confirm they are filled and shimmed properly, popping open shocks just to check that they are filled, recalibrating esc, if it is a street car/high speed vehicle balancing wheels/tires (super easy, look up Raz Shifrin's video on it). They call it "ready to run" and while technically true, it is really easy to catch some potentially serious issues by familiarizing yourself with the car and going over everything the first night, driving it the 2nd. It sucks seeing it on the table, brand new, ready to go but having used all your free time, but it sucks even more blowing up a diff 1st run because it wasn't filled or shimmed at the factory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back