Typhon Slow Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My v3 Typhon with stock gearing, 6s 5000mah lipo does 45 mph max.
My v3 Talion with stock gearing, 6s 5000mah lipo can hit 52 mph max.

Talion has a smaller pinion so extra speed must be due to the bigger wheels.
My Slash Vxl on 3s 5000mah 50c hit 47mph. I’m tickled that I got the Typhon up to speed 58mph. It’s crazy...that’s the highway speed here in Toronto Canada. 100kph. Lol. Now I think I need a better body that will provide some protection to the front shock towers. Going to throw the speed pinion on and possibly a spool because I can see the front tires are spinning faster and the front tires are already eaten up after one battery pack. Speed is bloody expensive!! Hahahahaha. Maybe thicker center diff fluid will get more power to the back tires?

GRP Revo's are good wheels/tyres for the Typhon.

I'm going to put the 20T speed pinion that came with the Talion into the Typhon at some point. Also considering truggifying it, I want the Typhon to drift at least a little (like my Talion and Notorious) but it's not having it.

GRP Revo's are good wheels/tyres for the Typhon.

I'm going to put the 20T speed pinion that came with the Talion into the Typhon at some point. Also considering truggifying it, I want the Typhon to drift at least a little (like my Talion and Notorious) but it's not having it.
Thanks for the tip on the tires. Any ideas of bodies that will cover the full Typhon for speed runs? I guess I will need to change body posts too? I was taking such good care of my Slash running on grass, no scrapes and my first real run with the Typhon and it gets bashed...hahahahaha. I guess it’s bound to happen doing speed runs.

Ok....just got back from testing. Do you want the good news or bad news first?.........
OK...good news. I did an esc factory reset. Turned the transmitter switch back to “R” where it was out of the box and then I recalibrated the throttle/neutral/reverse on the esc. So IT’S ALIVE!!!! hahahahaha!!! IT’S ALIVE!!!!?‍♂️? And now it hauls ass!!! My Slash will never get used again...hahahahaha. It’s scary fast.(to my vintage Tamiya experienced eyes). CLOCKED IN AT 58mph!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!!
So now the bad news?.....uhhhmmmm yeaaahhh...I was doing speed runs in a big parking lot and sideswiped a curb cartwheeling the car and sending my phone velcro’d To the top flying and the battery coming out ? Luckily this phone is cheap and was free with no sim card inside (dedicated to RC gps now). The Typhon took some bruises. Shock tower covers scratched, chassis scrapes, bumper and wing scrapes. That was was it though. ???
So I must thank all you fellow RC Arrma guys for the speedy replies. I was feeling kinda down earlier and now I’m feeling very ecstatic to own one of these beasts and I’m happy to be part of the forum.
I’m thinking to make this Typhon a speed run car so hopefully I can document my progress on YouTube. My channel only a few vids there so far but more to come https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwoy4VUwABe8IOeA-UCmPAA

Thanks guys?
These RC's seem to love curbs, trees, and poles... Glad you got it worked out... Blast on...

Lift the car off the ground and
My v3 Typhon with stock gearing, 6s 5000mah lipo does 45 mph max.
My v3 Talion with stock gearing, 6s 5000mah lipo can hit 52 mph max.

Talion has a smaller pinion so extra speed must be due to the bigger wheels.
Actually my calculations (if correct) shows that the Talion & Typhon gearing is an exact match. The difference in the diff pinion size compansate the changes in wheel size. So the same pinion for both of them should yield the same speed (using the stock wheels, Kraton for example is different)

Grab the GRPs and gear up if you wanna keep the speed up but gain stability. Get a 24T or 27T and a spool. Rebuild front diff with 100k. Can’t help on the body. Maybe a Senton body? Or check out the custom Granite builds here. They won’t cover the tires, but it will cover shock towers.

Glad it is running for you. I had the same experience with my Outcast.

Shock towers on buggies take a beating. A high speed roof slide you may even wear through stuff. Good luck with your quest for speed.

These RC's seem to love curbs, trees, and poles... Glad you got it worked out... Blast on...
Thanks for the help bro. It’s so much fun to go this fast.
Glad it is running for you. I had the same experience with my Outcast.

Shock towers on buggies take a beating. A high speed roof slide you may even wear through stuff. Good luck with your quest for speed.
Yeah first outing at full speed and there was some road rash...oh well. I need to find a longer stretch of pavement now... Lol.

Grab the GRPs and gear up if you wanna keep the speed up but gain stability. Get a 24T or 27T and a spool. Rebuild front diff with 100k. Can’t help on the body. Maybe a Senton body? Or check out the custom Granite builds here. They won’t cover the tires, but it will cover shock towers.
Yeah good advice. Looks like I have oil leakage already at the center diff and front. What kind of seals do these things have? Leaking on the first run?

Yeah good advice. Looks like I have oil leakage already at the center diff and front. What kind of seals do these things have? Leaking on the first run?
You really should inspect and possibly rebuild these diffs out of the box. Check for seals and shimming. They now make an aluminum diff case that you may consider.

You really should inspect and possibly rebuild these diffs out of the box. Check for seals and shimming. They now make an aluminum diff case that you may consider.
Interesting....1 run and rebuild time....hahahahaha. Oh well I better set aside some time to do some wrenching on these cars. The Slash so far has been maintenance free after four 3s packs through it.
I need to sit down and read my Arrma manual. The slipper clutch is at the center diff?

I’m thinking to make this Typhon a speed run car so hopefully I can document my progress on YouTube. My channel only a few vids there so far but more to come https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwoy4VUwABe8IOeA-UCmPAA
That's cool as the Typhon is great for speed running imho. My thread here for some inspiration hopefully: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runner-typhon-6s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/

Add your YouTube link to the "YouTube forum drive" thread below if you're hoping to grab a few more subscribers. ;)
Link: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/youtube-forum-drive-time-to-like-and-subscribe.10750/

Enjoy the Typhon.

That's cool as the Typhon is great for speed running imho. My thread here for some inspiration hopefully: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runner-typhon-6s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/

Add your YouTube link to the "YouTube forum drive" thread below if you're hoping to grab a few more subscribers. ;)
Link: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/youtube-forum-drive-time-to-like-and-subscribe.10750/

Enjoy the Typhon.
Will do....and I will check your thread out for sure bro.

Interesting....1 run and rebuild time....hahahahaha. Oh well I better set aside some time to do some wrenching on these cars. The Slash so far has been maintenance free after four 3s packs through it.
I need to sit down and read my Arrma manual. The slipper clutch is at the center diff?
6S has center diff, no slipper. 3S/4S has slipper but no center diff.

I've never had a center diff leak on the 4 6s trucks I own. And reading the manual would be a great idea if you think the 6s trucks have a slipper clutch.

I've never had a center diff leak on the 4 6s trucks I own. And reading the manual would be a great idea if you think the 6s trucks have a slipper clutch.
Hahahaha...you got me! I work 55 hours a week and have 2 small kids, a mother in the nursing home and a mother in law with breast cancer. Plus a house and pool to look after so I have my hands full bro.?
I will get on that manual read later tonight...lol.

Hahahaha...you got me! I work 55 hours a week and have 2 small kids, a mother in the nursing home and a mother in law with breast cancer. Plus a house and pool to look after so I have my hands full bro.?
I will get on that manual read later tonight...lol.
I hope fooling around with this hobby can take your mind off of some of this from time to time. That’s a lot on your plate my friend.

I hope fooling around with this hobby can take your mind off of some of this from time to time. That’s a lot on your plate my friend.
Yes it definitely gives me and my kids something to look forwards to enjoy together. Thanks for the kind words my friend.
My job pays pretty good but lots of suffering. I drive a concrete mixer truck and no AC for my 11-13 hour days.???? but good thing is no weekends and the cash allows me RC toys again....hahahaha. Need to stay positive.?

You should be seeing 52-55mph with the 14t pinion that comes in it.
My Typhon 3s does 50mph completely stock so I would assume that the Typhon 6s V3 would have to do more than 50mph, otherwise what is the difference between 3s and 6s?? With a typhon 6s you should be getting about 70-80mph

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back