SLT3 trash???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonK

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
I’m looking into replacement for my SLT3. It just doesn’t have the range. Anyone else have this issue? I’m looking at the Radio Link Rc4gs. Anyone running it? Pros cons?

88C3FFA1-516C-49E3-BFD4-49B4288329DE.jpeg

Some speed runners use this radio because of it’s supposed tremendous range. I’m considering one for this very reason.

Hello I have to replace my stx2 radio with rcg4s have had a chance to run it yet seem better plus u have 10 model memory

Dumbo rc 6 channel and don't look back. You will never complain about range again. It looks cheap but it is one of or the best radio for range. But it only does one model it doesn't store multiple model setting etc.

Ok 🤬 Going to bring this up again. Just bought a Kraton with this shame 🤬 transmitter!!! Gets to not even half its “range” looses steering and crashes. Last night my Kraton started reversing or accelerate forward as I walked to it. Yes I set it all up before I drove it. I went over everything and ran it. Diffs blah blah..... why are these such trash!!! I don’t need more than 4 channels. I’m not buying Dumbo because I want to run more than one vehicle, plus it was $25 a few months ago and now it’s $40? And I read that it’s just a rebranding of radio link old technology. Fly sky? Tell me something good about something less than $100. Seriously there has to be a radio I can get farther with!! 🤬 Rant over. Thanks

Ok 🤬 Going to bring this up again. Just bought a Kraton with this shame 🤬 transmitter!!! Gets to not even half its “range” looses steering and crashes. Last night my Kraton started reversing or accelerate forward as I walked to it. Yes I set it all up before I drove it. I went over everything and ran it. Diffs blah blah..... why are these such trash!!! I don’t need more than 4 channels. I’m not buying Dumbo because I want to run more than one vehicle, plus it was $25 a few months ago and now it’s $40? And I read that it’s just a rebranding of radio link old technology. Fly sky? Tell me something good about something less than $100. Seriously there has to be a radio I can get farther with!! 🤬 Rant over. Thanks
Calm Down Chill Out GIF
40 bucks for a radio that goes farther than you can see with 6 channels is a pretty good deal to me. Finding a radio for less then a 100 bucks with the range you want and multi model capability might be tough. Maybe someone else can chime in.

My SLT3 goes 100 yards plus, maybe you need a fresh set of batteries in the radio or are you looking for more distance?

The field I run in is 180 yards wide, when the weather dries out and I have a spotter, I plan on seeing if I can go from one side to the other

I’m not getting 50 yards all too often. I have two of them. Fresh batteries, flat space, still not working properly 🤷🏼‍♂️

I ran my car on the pavement today, I usually stand on my driveway and run it down to the end of the street and back or vise versa, according to Google Earth, that's 110 yards, the street does have an incline

Maybe your getting radio interference from another source? Try a different location if you haven't already

@JasonK, get the Radiolink, 4 channel or 6 channel.(RC4GS or RC6GS) The 6 Channel radio comes with a better RX for what it is worth. You probably don't need the extra 2 channels. Like myself. But I got the 6 channel for the longer range Rx. I speed run with it in my Lim. Never an issue at all. That's what you are looking at now.. Price is right. Don't look back. You can't run RC with a bad radio. Whatever is causing the problem with that crap SLT. Bad, unpredictable radios are a dangerous liability for many reasons. IMHO. :cool:
Any decent radio has signal interference protection from other noise sources.

Last edited:
Rc4gs it is. After way too much waffles and stats I’m exhausted. Bought a second receiver for my Senton. Everything is a learning curve, and this is where I jump in. 🤞🏻

06E4232F-2FE2-41E8-8E97-34CCC7E14F59.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back