Small battery charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
So i have small 18650s and a 850ma

My question is how do i safely charge my batteries on a large charger?

Heres a picture of the battery i have

Do i set the charger to :
Lipo
850ma
1 cell
And charge?

Just trying to be safe is why im asking.
Also what are you guys using to charge 18650s with off a large charger compared to a standard wall plug in small 18650 charger.
Thanks

So i have small 18650s and a 850ma

My question is how do i safely charge my batteries on a large charger?

Heres a picture of the battery i haveView attachment 31854

Do i set the charger to :
Lipo
850ma
1 cell
And charge?

Just trying to be safe is why im asking.
Also what are you guys using to charge 18650s with off a large charger compared to a standard wall plug in small 18650 charger.
Thanks
Anyone?

Yes, same thing. I charge many of those 120ma micro helicopter batteries with my icharger set to 0.12a or 120ma.

Last edited:
The size of the charger really shouldn't matter. In fact most of your "larger/better" chargers are going to be very programmable so you can fine tune it to what ever you are charging.

What battery connector is on the other end? What does this matter go to?

The size of the charger really shouldn't matter. In fact most of your "larger/better" chargers are going to be very programmable so you can fine tune it to what ever you are charging.

What battery connector is on the other end? What does this matter go to?
Battery has a xt30 end and goes to a 1/24th summit s600 truck.

Thanks woodie, Yes the larger chargers are better but i wanted to take precaution because they can also put out way more output then the little wall plug it came with. So i didnt want to mess anything up.

I know one of my chargers doesn't know how to deal with 1S packs, or I don't know how to use it with them. THe only thing I have that uses 1S is my Blade MSr and I have a 4 port single cell charger for it, so it doesn't matter.

To charge 18650's, I made a 2 cell balance holder so I could use my RC chargers to charge them. Pretty cheap and easy enough to make. Still, not sure how to get my dynamite 4x10A/4x100W charger to charge 1 cell lipo/lion... which is why I made the 2 cell cradle.

One of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Parallel-Ltvystore-Storage-Soldering/dp/B07KXWF53T
and a balance plug:
https://www.amazon.com/a15102300Ux0504-Battery-Balance-Charger-Connector/dp/B01913O2K0

Had to be careful soldering the balance lead so as to not melt the cheap cradle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back