Fireteam Small hubs and axles = better handling / turning radius

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Good morning hope everyone’s doing well

I always thought that the Talion using the small hubs and axles is what helped in handling and turning radius
Compared to Kraton

I’ve heard other things like shock placement and diff fluids are what affects handling the most

So wondering would
Small hubs and stubs = better handling and radius , Than big hubs and stubs
at all

TIA

It's not that much wider so I don't think it's making a big difference. I think if the talion is on stock tires then that's what is making the big difference. Plus ride height keeps the talion more planted. Sure the smaller width plays a role though

I was just about to put a thread up on a similar topic.

I picked up a Talion used the other day and the difference between it and my OC is night and day. Its not the tyres as Stephen mentioned as it came on backflip LPs.

You can rule out diffs as I serviced them and replaced the stock, well used fluids with the same as my OC.

I was going to post and ask is it the hubs and stubs that make the biggest improvement as my OC drives like a bag of nails now I have the Talion and I want it to turn in the same.

I guess I could swap hubs over to the OC and see if that makes the difference

I was just about to put a thread up on a similar topic.

I picked up a Talion used the other day and the difference between it and my OC is night and day. Its not the tyres as Stephen mentioned as it came on backflip LPs.

You can rule out diffs as I serviced them and replaced the stock, well used fluids with the same as my OC.

I was going to post and ask is it the hubs and stubs that make the biggest improvement as my OC drives like a bag of nails now I have the Talion and I want it to turn in the same.

I guess I could swap hubs over to the OC and see if that makes the difference
Hubs will make a little difference but there are other things to consider as well. Are the servos the same? How used are the trucks? Is the servo saver the same? Toe adjustment on the front tires? And again the outcast being taller has a more goofy weight transfer than a talion which is more of a race vehicle. Also if your outcast has stock tires, those are quite a bit larger than LP.

The Talion has the stock servo, the OC an upgraded 35kg .09 second jobbie with servo saver tightened up, the Talion barely used, the OC has 3 packs under a full rebuild, funny you mention toe, that is what I have been out playing with on the OC this afternoon. Sorry not sure why I said the talion was on LPs, both on 6s backflips.

The OC, on paper should turn better. It has a stronger, faster servo and a modified servo saver, plus an Ali servo mount. The Talion is like a completely different level.

I am convinced it is the hubs. You could be right on the weight transfer so I guess if the hubs don't make the difference, swapping shock towers and shocks over would tick that off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back