Smaller tires or bigger tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
Looking for a set of tires for speedruns, and speedruns only. What makes a truck go faster... small tires or big tires. Big tires seems like there would be more ground per rotation. But smaller tires seems like less stress on the motor causing it to be able to sling them faster. This is for a BRCC 3S

Looking for a set of tires for speedruns, and speedruns only. What makes a truck go faster... small tires or big tires. Big tires seems like there would be more ground per rotation. But smaller tires seems like less stress on the motor causing it to be able to sling them faster. This is for a BRCC 3S
You want a set of GRPs or BSR foams. They are going to be small tires. Much larger diameter and you will just end up back flipping. My Typhon 3S will do a wheelie at 45mph with buggy sized road tires. With GRPs, I can floor it and worst case spin the tires. Never lifts. You have to keep the nose down in order to lay down power.

I put Typhon tires on my BRCC and it got after it pretty strong with less ballooning but still 2.8.
GRPs are smaller diameter but haven't tried them yet.

typhon tires brcc.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back