Senton Smaller tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcbride

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to rc. Just got a senton 3s and looking to find some smaller tires/wheels to fit with a new body shell. Any suggestions? How small can I go on the stock rims ? Any help is appreciated!

The stock 14mm hex limits your options. Tire&battery shopping can be a challenge. Senton 3s trucks destroy tires. Cause they come with 20t pinion stock.there sct design with smaller tires,smaller tires must spin faster to match the speed of say a granite.(15t)stock.more tire rpms mean more damage .there are many threads& opinions on here about this subject..imo decide what tire you wanna run and you will most likely have to change hex size to the more standard 12mm or 17mm.good luck and remember. WITH SENTON TIRES YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I've destroyed 100s of $$$$$$ worth tires.heres my 2 favorites.p
#1 Badland mx m2s the strongest 4.60 in tall
#2 duratrax lockups little shorter than mx2
Both 17mm
Hey everyone. New to rc. Just got a senton 3s and looking to find some smaller tires/wheels to fit with a new body shell. Any suggestions? How small can I go on the stock rims ? Any help is appreciated!
Raising body mounts can help with clearance also

Attachments

• 20200907_183900.jpg
    20200907_183900.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20200719-123144_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-123144_Photos.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I buy most my stuff off Amazon. If you are serious about modifying you will have to do some searching. Read reviews an research products..IF I WAS IN YOUR POSITION I WOULD DO THE FOLLOWING===.I run these hot racing 17mm adapters.they widen truck 10mm on each corner.widening truck making it more stable.(WIDER=LESS ROLLOVERS).ID GET THESE AN SENTON 6S SIDEWINDER TIRES.not the strongest but would be fine on 3s.bout same size as factory just stronger imo.hr extensions kinda pricy,sure you could find cheaper ones,but I've run these for bout a year an would refer them.just make sure to use loctite on barrel nuts or they will FLY OFF

Screenshot_20201016-102201_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20201016-101306_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Attachments

• 20200722_194606.jpg
    20200722_194606.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200722_194626.jpg
    20200722_194626.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
The stock 14mm hex limits your options. Tire&battery shopping can be a challenge. Senton 3s trucks destroy tires. Cause they come with 20t pinion stock.there sct design with smaller tires,smaller tires must spin faster to match the speed of say a granite.(15t)stock.more tire rpms mean more damage .there are many threads& opinions on here about this subject..imo decide what tire you wanna run and you will most likely have to change hex size to the more standard 12mm or 17mm.good luck and remember. WITH SENTON TIRES YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I've destroyed 100s of $$$$$$ worth tires.heres my 2 favorites.p
#1 Badland mx m2s the strongest 4.60 in tall
#2 duratrax lockups little shorter than mx2
Both 17mm

Raising body mounts can help with clearance also

I agree on the Senton simply,burning through tires. im looking to convert mine to 'monster Senton' just got me Granite tires.

Question- what do you mean by raising the body mounts? can they be raised higher with the stock mounts? thanks

I agree on the Senton simply,burning through tires. im looking to convert mine to 'monster Senton' just got me Granite tires.

Question- what do you mean by raising the body mounts? can they be raised higher with the stock mounts? thanks
Not so much mounts, but I drilledvAdditional holes on body mount post.raiseing body.they in bad shape now.lol senton with mx28 & other with stock big rock tires

16029587931975007375497757489097.jpg

20200628_180943.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-095611_Photos.jpg

ahhhh, how did it hold up? I just got me some Granite Tires to convert my Senton to a 'monster Senton' but in addition to trimming the body i was wondering how to raise it. I may give that a try.

That Senton looks bad*ss, is that with those 10mm spacers? I have a sweet spot for that baby blue color.. I got the Orange one but hope to find me a nice a deal a that blue body...lol

ahhhh, how did it hold up? I just got me some Granite Tires to convert my Senton to a 'monster Senton' but in addition to trimming the body i was wondering how to raise it. I may give that a try.

That Senton looks bad*ss, is that with those 10mm spacers? I have a sweet spot for that baby blue color.. I got the Orange one but hope to find me a nice a deal a that blue body...lol
I raised it much as I could.mx28 ballooned to much.i was running 4s On truck an couldn't run tires that big.kept blowing rear diffs.5in an above it will eventually happen pay attention to the weight of the tires u choose.lighter the better

good to know.. thanks. I'll stick to Granite Tires for now, I did pick some old trenchers on offerup a few weeks back prior to getting the Granite tires, but I think they may be too big. I hadn't ran them cause i didn't have the 15t pinion. Now that you mention the weight factor, i may re-list them..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back