SMC 7400mah 6S Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boostedpig

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a new V3 kraton and was curious if anyone else is running this lipo. I just ordered it and it's not here yet but I was assured by them it's designed for and fits well in my model. If you have run this pack before what do you think of the run times?

I have a new V3 kraton and was curious if anyone else is running this lipo. I just ordered it and it's not here yet but I was assured by them it's designed for and fits well in my model. If you have run this pack before what do you think of the run times?
I don't have that exact pack but from SMC I have True Spec Premium 22.2V 5400mAh 135Amps/90C with G10 plates.
I really love it and plan to get some more. Run times seem great and really delivers the power. I'd rather be forced to change a battery and during that time I let the truck cool down / take a break from bashing so I try to stay around 5000mah just to keep weight and temps down.

Alright well they seem like a pretty reputable brand and when I bought it I was thinking longest run times possible maybe I can drop a tooth on the pinion and not worry about heat when bashing if it becomes an issue with the large battery. Thanks for the input!

I also stick between 5000-6000mah; cool down is a good thing between runs.

Wow, that battery is a bruiser. I have the hobbystar 6200mah and it’s heavy, I’m guessing this battery to be close to 900grams (2lbs) or so. Reset your sag for the increased weight. Looks like it is almost 3 inches tall, not sure how tall the v3 battery tray opens. Btw I break more stuff with a heavy battery and prefer the lighter hardcase packs when Going for biggish air.

Alright well they seem like a pretty reputable brand and when I bought it I was thinking longest run times possible maybe I can drop a tooth on the pinion and not worry about heat when bashing if it becomes an issue with the large battery. Thanks for the input!
I bet you'll be just fine with that pack and if you've considered a motor fan, now might be the time to do it. If you have a good fan and even the double one from Yeah Racing you'll be set.
With the YR twin motor fan and heatsink, I doubt you'll have to pull the motor to install it. I put one on an E-Revo2.0 and didn't have to pull the motor. I did eventually get a rock in the blades and replaced one of the two with a Wild Turbo Fan.

Yeah Racing YA-0261BK Heat Sink w/Twin Tornado High Speed Fan Black 1:8 Motors

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back