SMC barely puffed 6s Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same pack. I won't tell you what to do, but if it was mine I would send those picks to Danny at SMC for his professional opion. He's a cool dude and has been outright honest with me.

@arrmadillo
Thanks for the advice man. Is his contact info on the smcwebsite? I’m a little taken back after a lot of boasting great reviews about smc.

Very informative post thank you all. I just got into rc dec 2018, and i would be dumb as a brick without you all.

@arrmadillo
Thanks for the advice man. Is his contact info on the smcwebsite? I’m a little taken back after a lot of boasting great reviews about smc.

Very informative post thank you all. I just got into rc dec 2018, and i would be dumb as a brick without you all.

Be sure to post an update to the situation if you email them. I'd like to hear what they have to say.

@arrmadillo

Danny Sullivan
You can contact him at email
[email protected]
Really cool guy

Hi all. I finally made it out today just on a street run and I let this thing rip. Installed a 18T Pinion on stock elelctrtonics. Shot the battery with the temp gun and got 87.2. The "puff amount has stayed the same after a full charge and discharge.

Attachments

• 08C8C0EA-B21C-4809-AEE4-D70056C7BB07.jpeg
    08C8C0EA-B21C-4809-AEE4-D70056C7BB07.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 47
Wait... 0.5 - 1mm puffage is nothing!!!

These pics showing a properly puffed Lipo were not from the OP!

I wish people would pay more attention before telling the OP to destroy something thats perfectly fine.

Bash on...

Danny Sullivan
You can contact him at email
[email protected]
Really cool guy
I got a SMC lipo and a bad charger brand they once carried and the charger popped after 3 uses and 6 months later after the manufacturer would not respond, i think he or another guy from SMC ended up giving me a full refund on the charger long past the 6 months when i paid for it and since then they stopped buying and selling HTC chargers.

Wait... 0.5 - 1mm puffage is nothing!!!

These pics showing a properly puffed Lipo were not from the OP!

I wish people would pay more attention before telling the OP to destroy something thats perfectly fine.

Bash on...
this. Not sure why it took this long for someone to speak up... maybe everyone read wrong and saw 5mm or something. I agree 1000%. 0.5mm?? Half the time packs come out of the factory with 0.5mm of puff. Some people man... if you’re shooting a pack with less than 3mm of puff you’re crazy.. I think it’s a case of people lacking the knowledge of how much internal pressure these cells can actually handle before they do pop. Hint hint, it’s an absolute ton!!

Also, smc batteries are notorious for puffing.
They are good packs, but it seems they all puff.
Ive never had one that either didnt arrive slightly puffed, or puff on its own after use.

My SMC packs are both puffed. One I still run and the one that is much more blown out than yours I have sitting away from the others. I want to keep using it because I cant stand to throw it away.
I'd keep using the one you have or contact SMC to see what they say. Cant hurt talking to them considering how new it is.

this. Not sure why it took this long for someone to speak up... maybe everyone read wrong and saw 5mm or something. I agree 1000%. 0.5mm?? Half the time packs come out of the factory with 0.5mm of puff. Some people man... if you’re shooting a pack with less than 3mm of puff you’re crazy.. I think it’s a case of people lacking the knowledge of how much internal pressure these cells can actually handle before they do pop. Hint hint, it’s an absolute ton!!
Not one person said for him to shoot his lipo and even at 0.5mm... One person may of referred for the guy above him to shoot his rather then take it to the LHS. Not everyone hits "quote" so you guys should not get ahead of yourselves.
My SMC packs are both puffed. One I still run and the one that is much more blown out than yours I have sitting away from the others. I want to keep using it because I cant stand to throw it away.
I'd keep using the one you have or contact SMC to see what they say. Cant hurt talking to them considering how new it is.
My SMC 6s 9200mah puffed quit a bit not long after getting it running it with a max6 and a HS 1480kv but i still use it now. My HK panther, i used that 5 or so times and it still looks flat and sharp and new. I like the panthers.

Last edited:
Not one person said for him to shoot his lipo and even at 0.5mm... One person may of referred for the guy above him to shoot his rather then take it to the LHS. Not everyone hits "quote" so you guys should not get ahead of yourselves.

My SMC 6s 9200mah puffed quit a bit not long after getting it running it with a max6 and a HS 1480kv but i still use it now. My HK panther, i used that 5 or so times and it still looks flat and sharp and new. I like the panthers.
Shooting the lipo wasn’t the issue, and that wasn’t why I was calling people crazy. I was calling out people disposing of batteries in any form with puff that minor are crazy. Not just shooting them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back