SMC Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They came yesterday ?
FEE0840F-9FDA-4952-BA18-882B535A21F7.jpeg
B93DB7DF-9E2F-4D03-9F87-0A656EE60455.jpeg
16F2917F-A72C-464F-AE3F-D5B1CAD8338E.jpeg

They even sent me the stickers I kindly asked for. ??
After I got them (yesterday) I was browsing there site again, and low and behold they are on sale now! ??? so I sent them an email to ask if they had a price match guarantee?? They quickly responded this morning (SUNDAY!!!) and said we have refunded the difference. Definitely a happy customer! ?

They came yesterday ? View attachment 55892View attachment 55893View attachment 55894
They even sent me the stickers I kindly asked for. ??
After I got them (yesterday) I was browsing there site again, and low and behold they are on sale now! ??? so I sent them an email to ask if they had a price match guarantee?? They quickly responded this morning (SUNDAY!!!) and said we have refunded the difference. Definitely a happy customer! ?
That happened to me also, bought a couple 3s packs and a couple days later on sale. Should have done what you did than sit on my lazy ass.

That happened to me also, bought a couple 3s packs and a couple days later on sale. Should have done what you did than sit on my lazy ass.
Yep, I was all upset ? but Danny @SMC got back to me right away and made it right immediately!!!? Seems like all the smaller business that cater to the RC market are more than willing to help. I’ve contacted M2C and Mitch responded himself right away. I also ordered some bearings from Jim’s Bearings, I had some questions which he answered right away. Any companies I’ve reached out to have been AWESOME!!!
Much like this place (ArrmaForum) I love it. ???

Yep, I was all upset ? but Danny @SMC got back to me right away and made it right immediately!!!? Seems like all the smaller business that cater to the RC market are more than willing to help. I’ve contacted M2C and Mitch responded himself right away. I also ordered some bearings from Jim’s Bearings, I had some questions which he answered right away. Any companies I’ve reached out to have been AWESOME!!!
Much like this place (ArrmaForum) I love it. ???
Yeah, when companies treat me right and I recieve great service, they get return customer.

Both of my daughters have smc hardcase batteries in their ecx amp mts. Both batteries cases have broken to and those trucks are pretty slow. I have a gensacearespammers hardcase in my outcast. That case is thicker and pretty stout.....
Don't know if all the smc boxes are similar to those 2 2s batteries, but I won't buy hard batteries from them again.

Both of my daughters have smc hardcase batteries in their ecx amp mts. Both batteries cases have broken to and those trucks are pretty slow. I have a gensacearespammers hardcase in my outcast. That case is thicker and pretty stout.....
Don't know if all the smc boxes are similar to those 2 2s batteries, but I won't buy hard batteries from them again.
SMC lipos.......nuff said!!

Attachments

• 20200121_163436.jpg
    20200121_163436.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200121_163452.jpg
    20200121_163452.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200121_163733.jpg
    20200121_163733.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200121_162814.jpg
    20200121_162814.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 45
How many runs?
How old?
Warranty?
Charge conditions?
2 runs on all packs
6 months
Won't warranty puffed packs
Charged on Hota D6+, at 1C
Use alarms set at 3.7
Do all the balance, storage stuff

My daughters aren't puffed, the glue just flat gave up. Didn't trust the cells to stay put after that. They got them for Christmas. I bought some heat shrink on Amazon and doubled it up. They are still useable. Sucks yours are puffed @arrmadillo
Love the name btw!

SMC lipos.......nuff said!!
2 runs on all packs
6 months
Won't warranty puffed packs
Charged on Hota D6+, at 1C
Use alarms set at 3.7
Do all the balance, storage stuff
This is the main reason why I just buy cheapo Lipo's like HRB, Ovonic, HobbyKing etc (side note, never had any issues with my cheapo's)
If that had happened to my expensive batteries I would be pi55ed..!!?

This is the main reason why I just buy cheapo Lipo's like HRB, Ovonic, HobbyKing etc (side note, never had any issues with my cheapo's)
If that had happened to my expensive batteries I would be pi55ed..!!?
All my other batteries are gens/tattu. I will be ordering some goldbats from Amazon with a much better price tag after talking to some guys about other brands. I just get really nervous about the potential for failure.

Puffing is not a sign of failure. When it starts looking like a balloon you have to worry.
Typically happens if you run cells to lvc, it's set way to low for lipo's and is an emergency only imho. It's not adjustable on stock ESCs.
No issues with my SMC's but I also have a mix of cheapo's and SMC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back