SMC Battery owners w/XT 90, please read.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadBlaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
First off, SMC batteries are my go too's. Great price for a great product. They don't solder on my connection of choice, so I simply put my own on.

Upon removing the xt90's I found little to no evidence of tining of the main wire before being soldered to the connector. This creates a less than optimal connection.

The Xt90's have a nice bottom half that don't require you to use heatshrink. It should also save those less than optimal connections from stressing the individual wire strands to the snapping point.

Unfortunately, I destroy the clip in mechanism that's joins the xt90's halfs so I have no real productive advice to give.

Happy Bashing
Greg

Good info Greg,

There are a few threads on here now regarding the decline of SMC batteries, I no longer feel they are near the quality they used to be.

TT

I'll have to check those
Good info Greg,

There are a few threads on here now regarding the decline of SMC batteries, I no longer feel they are near the quality they used to be.

TT

I'll have to check those threads out. Thanks

But I must add that Danny @ SMC responded within thirty minutes of me sending my email wanting to know info so he can fix the issue.

Think I found the thread your talking about TT.

Sounded like SMC had a bad batch of packs. The only person to mention contacting SMC, stated the issue got resolved.

Danny at SMC gained a lot of respect from me through our emails. The speed and honesty at which he handled my complaint not only kept my business but will secure it for quite some time.

I don't expect 100%. I expect when something isn't right, it's corrected.

I just received 8 3s90c7400mah for my son's Nero and my own. Will definitely toss feedback after some runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back