Kraton SMC Battery Trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyj18

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey All,

So I have been having a blast with my Kraton so much so I bought a second battery. A SMC 5400mAh 6s. Charged it up this morning and took it out for a run. When I got home to charge it back to storage mode my charger a Prodigy 610EZ is giving me an error that says “Balance Delta V”

My Cells voltages are 3.43 3.44 3.33 3.14 3.42 3.22. I know the one at 3.14 is lower than it should be and I have no idea how that happened as I quit using the truck as soon as the power dropped. The SMC instructions say to just not let the cells drop below 3.0.

The Charger manual doesn’t list this error message anywhere but it does list a “cell low vol” msg that is supposed to display if one of the cells it to low to charge. I know its not the balance connector cause it is working for my other gensacearespammers battery.

I think the problem is the charger wont balance charge with one cell below 3.2. Can I charge it on non balance mode for a few minutes to bring the one cell back to 3.2? Thanks for the help. It’s a brand new pack sucks to have problems with it already.

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited:
try FAST charging it for 5 minutes.....not balance charging. Should be a setting in the charger menu. Then go back to balance charging.

That worked! Just 3 mins charging without the balancer then checked again. All cells above 3.3 charged back to 3.85 volts with balancerfor storage mode just fine.

Thanks!

For the future don't use the ESC built in low voltage cutoff, as it set too low (3.2).
This is too close to 3.0, so if the cells are a little unbalanced, one of the cells can get to 3.0.

As the ESC doesn't let you change the LVC value, i just carry a lipo meter, and periodically check as i feel that the voltage should be low. I stop using mine at 3.70 (which is not a big difference than 3.2 in term of run time)

Good deal . I have had that happen before . Now I usually shut the car off when I notice the power dropping off because it is getting fa

Good advice. I shut my cars down when I begin to notice a drop on power and speed. You can usually feel when performance drops about 25% or so. The Lipos are usually pretty close to the Low Voltage Cutoff when that happens. Yep...its is a good practice to not rely 100% on the LVC to kick in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back