Smc or maxamp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have SMC and SPC and they are both phenomenal. I just looked at Max Amps site and my jaw dropped... Lol

I was debating between the 2 as well. I happen to live 40 mins from MaxAmps..so I choose to go that route. Their warranty is impressive. 30 day return policy or upgrade...no questions asked. 1 year 100% replacement and then 50% for the remainder of the life you own the battery. Is it worth the 2-3x price...no idea, but I bought in being my first hobby RC. I wanted their knowledge and expertise and their customer service was top notch. Visited in person and they build your battery after you order it.

I was debating between the 2 as well. I happen to live 40 mins from MaxAmps..so I choose to go that route. Their warranty is impressive. 30 day return policy or upgrade...no questions asked. 1 year 100% replacement and then 50% for the remainder of the life you own the battery. Is it worth the 2-3x price...no idea, but I bought in being my first hobby RC. I wanted their knowledge and expertise and their customer service was top notch. Visited in person and they build your battery after you order it.
OK. I ended up going with the smc I'll let u know how they tune when I get them

I love my SMC packs. Can't beat their prices for the quality of their packs.

Maxamps makes good packs but I can't bring myself to pay their prices. Seems like you're paying a premium for the name. Back when they hit the market, they made good cells/packs at competitive prices. When I got back into RC last year I couldn't believe how big the disparity was between their prices and other battery manufacturers. I guess if you're a pro racer it's a big deal, but I'm far from that.

I love my SMC packs. Can't beat their prices for the quality of their packs.

Maxamps makes good packs but I can't bring myself to pay their prices. Seems like you're paying a premium for the name. Back when they hit the market, they made good cells/packs at competitive prices. When I got back into RC last year I couldn't believe how big the disparity was between their prices and other battery manufacturers. I guess if you're a pro racer it's a big deal, but I'm far from that.
If they're reading this, it sounds like they have a good name.

Seems like a quality chance to roll out a "budget" line (that can consist of Chinese made cells), which I believe SMC is anyway... They just toss a sticker on. :)

Are Max Amps made in the USA? If so, that's a good selling point there. :)

If they're reading this, it sounds like they have a good name.

Seems like a quality chance to roll out a "budget" line (that can consist of Chinese made cells), which I believe SMC is anyway... They just toss a sticker on. :)

Are Max Amps made in the USA? If so, that's a good selling point there. :)

I think almost all of the cells come from China or somewhere overseas. They sell the best batches to the high priced companies and then move on down from there to the crappiest companies. I can't say for sure, but I'd bet that Maxamps cells come from the same factory as several of the other name brand manufacturer's cells. Maxamps just pays for the highest performing batches and puts them together well. Duratrax, for example, gets a lower performing batch that costs less and mass produces them so they don't perform quite as well but they are cheaper. This keeps on happening until you get to the cheapest, crappiest no-name packs that eBay has to offer.

I think almost all of the cells come from China or somewhere overseas. They sell the best batches to the high priced companies and then move on down from there to the crappiest companies. I can't say for sure, but I'd bet that Maxamps cells come from the same factory as several of the other name brand manufacturer's cells. Maxamps just pays for the highest performing batches and puts them together well. Duratrax, for example, gets a lower performing batch that costs less and mass produces them so they don't perform quite as well but they are cheaper. This keeps on happening until you get to the cheapest, crappiest no-name packs that eBay has to offer.
Agreed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back