SMC or Powerhobby???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own smc, I do own hoovo, zeee and powerhobby.. hands down powwrhobby, not even close, more power, longer run.... just my 2 cents..
* no actual 'tests' done all based on actual bashing ..

I’m impressed with the Zeee long run times, charge, balance thus far great & Pack a punch. Took a gamble because of price & what I put into hobby in such a short time. If they last a big win. If they die out after months of use .. oh well I learn without blowing to much. 4 -11.1 3s 8000, 100c for $200 I’ll take that bet😉

L3phturn,​

I might have worded it wrong earlier but I don't necessarily want more power because I charge all my batteries at 1c so they can last the longest. I just want something that can either charge more batteries, like the protek prodigy 610 quad, or something that will last longer because I've been through two venom pro duo chargers in 1 year and my current one only balances well through one of the channels. I don't know if I'm having bad luck or what but I just want something more reliable and long-term.

Link to the charger I'm looking at: https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...v-lipo-ac-dc-battery-charger-ptk-8517/p488513

Not sure if you've purchased this charger yet but that thing says it's only 100w per channel. Plenty of batteries in the higher capacity 4s and 6s will require over 100 watts to 1C charge. A 6s 4000mah or a 4s 6500mah are just over 100 watts at 1C. That makes it a slower charger for most 6s batteries and or high capacity 4s.

For smaller cell LIPOs like a drone pilot uses for example with their tiny capacity batteries will be able to take advantage of charging more than 2 batteries at a time at 1C. Then again, with those small capacities you can get a parallel board and charge multiple batteries off a single channel charger.

Having such a large active user forum can lead you to analysis paralysis when it comes to researching something whether it be batteries or something else. If you dig deep and long enough you'll probably find that every brand has failed somebody. Especially with things that have a large margin of operator error whether intended or unintended, we are intentionally bashing these things after all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back