Smilinbri's 3rd paint job-Senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
Trying to get some different color schemes since most of mine are green, blue and burgundy. 🤷‍♂️

Kept it pretty simple. Def need more practice on taping straight lines. Did a little better on the tint. Just one window had noticeable runs. 😁✌️
20230327_083645.jpg
20230327_083651.jpg
20230327_090950.jpg
20230327_091000.jpg
20230327_091010.jpg

Looking good, love the purple!

What paint are you using?

I've only used Tamiya smoke for window tint so far. To avoid run or splotches, I usually do 4-5 very light coats with a minute of using a hair dryer on low between coats and cleaning the tip each time.

For taping straight lines, I always get a piece of tape 3-4 inches longer than what I need. I put one end down and hold on to the extra tape to help guide it until I have it down all the way. Then I use an Olfa art knife from Lowes to trim the excess tape. The Olfa knife is cheap and awesome for trimming masks and decals.

Keep it up, you'll be a pro in no time!!!😉

👍👍👍

Wicked look as always!!! Top notch (y)
Love it!! More purple!! That purple is a nice shade👍😎🍻
Looks cool, well done!
Looks dope AF my boy!! 😎
Love me some purple! Great job!!🤙🏼🤟🏼
Sweet job! Turned out really nice! (y) 👌
Well it's official, it's bad ass lookin', I guess we'll keep you. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks guys!! Truly appreciate the kind words!! 👊🤗😁✌️
Watch out @Ajag !!!!
I spot some talent!
O HEEELL NO! 😂 I'll never be able to compete with him!! Appreciate the love though!
Looking good, love the purple!

What paint are you using?

I've only used Tamiya smoke for window tint so far. To avoid run or splotches, I usually do 4-5 very light coats with a minute of using a hair dryer on low between coats and cleaning the tip each time.

For taping straight lines, I always get a piece of tape 3-4 inches longer than what I need. I put one end down and hold on to the extra tape to help guide it until I have it down all the way. Then I use an Olfa art knife from Lowes to trim the excess tape. The Olfa knife is cheap and awesome for trimming masks and decals.

Keep it up, you'll be a pro in no time!!!😉

👍👍👍
Yup, use the same for the window tint. I'll have to try the hair dryer trick. I did spray further away from the windows this time, advice given on my last tint paint job.

I do the same and have a good art knife. It's the curves that get me. I just gotta go slower when trimming it and do better with the design lines on the outside/top side....they weren't the straightest which messed me up when trimming the tape.

Appreciate the tips and encouragement!! Practice practice, practice!! (y)😁✌️

I do the same and have a good art knife. It's the curves that get me. I just gotta go slower when trimming it and do better with the design lines on the outside/top side....they weren't the straightest which messed me up when trimming the tape.
I have the same problem. Doing fairly well with most of the other aspects but I cannot free hand cut anything. The only thing I figured out that works is not to stand too close when you look at it.

But hey, I just finished my third body too, and guess what…. Good choice purple!
image.jpg

I have the same problem. Doing fairly well with most of the other aspects but I cannot free hand cut anything. The only thing I figured out that works is not to stand too close when you look at it.

But hey, I just finished my third body too, and guess what…. Good choice purple!
View attachment 288700
Looks good to me!!👍
I always have to remind myself of what it's gonna look like after a few bash sessions, then I'm like, yup, it'll do!!😉🤣🤣🍻

Groovy scheme, man. Black and purple work so well together. Looks great!
Thanks man!!
Looks good to me!!👍
I always have to remind myself of what it's gonna look like after a few bash sessions, then I'm like, yup, it'll do!!😉🤣🤣🍻
My thoughts exactly!!! No shelf queens here!!! 🤪 😁

Trying to get some different color schemes since most of mine are green, blue and burgundy. 🤷‍♂️

Kept it pretty simple. Def need more practice on taping straight lines. Did a little better on the tint. Just one window had noticeable runs. 😁✌️
View attachment 288615View attachment 288616View attachment 288617View attachment 288618View attachment 288619
Looks exquisite, a great choice of color scheme!

Personally would have left it stickerless like some of @Mr.Duke's body, but that's just me :).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back