Smilinbri's RC track build-Ridin' Dirty Raceway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man what a long and crazy day yesterday was! Got 97.456% of the dirt distributed. Wet it down, tamp, add more, wet it down, tamp/roll it (I got tired towards the end and just walked on them! 🤪 ). It's a process! Lol

Daughter helped sweep, until she found a toad in one of drainage pipes. Named him Freckles, gave him tour of yard, she went and found grubs and bugs to feed him. She's a trip! :love:

It was annoying having 3 news copters 🚁🚁🚁 hovering over my yard for about an hour due to the mass shooting at a small manufacturing business 30 seconds from my house. It's literally 1/2 mile from my house. I was working on track and kept watching the woods for some guy with a gun to come out. 🧐 The gunman fled, was chased by popo and had a small shootout with them at a traffic circle a few miles from my house. Crazy stuff man! O...and CNN needs to learn their geography in the article below......yes, Baltimore is about 75 miles from us but the WV state line is not 100 miles from us. I can drive there in 30 mins! Lol. The 2nd video is from Facebook where you can hear the gun shots at the traffic circle. **CAUTION-PERSON WHO TOOK FB VIDEO CUSSES THE WHOLE TIME! NOT FOR YOUNG VIEWERS TO HEAR!!**

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/us/maryland-shooting-columbia-machine/index.html

I've got one more pipe to install, need to distribute rest of dirt, mainly on the main ramp, try to chop up a few roots from original track that popped up, mold/smooth out some berms/ramps, do a test run with my sct and finally.....

I think I have a great idea for a little tunnel! @Doom! @Velodromed
Got what I need, just gotta see if I can secure it! 🤞

Enjoy your day peeps!! 👍😁✌️

View attachment 222713
View attachment 222714
View attachment 222715

View attachment 222716

View attachment 222717
View attachment 222718View attachment 222719
View attachment 222721
Can’t wait to see how the tunnel works out because the track itself is amazing! That’s scary when stuff like that happens so close to home…but it’s scary that stuff is happening so much to begin with.

Cute kid! Looks around the same age as my 9 year old stepdaughter…😊

Can’t wait to see how the tunnel works out because the track itself is amazing! That’s scary when stuff like that happens so close to home…but it’s scary that stuff is happening so much to begin with.

Cute kid! Looks around the same age as my 9 year old stepdaughter…😊
Thanks! Appreciate it! I hope my tunnel idea works.

Yea, we are a very small town/community so it was def surreal!

Thanks! Yea, she just turned 10 in April. She's a handful! 😂

Thanks! Appreciate it! I hope my tunnel idea works.

Yea, we are a very small town/community so it was def surreal!

Thanks! Yea, she just turned 10 in April. She's a handful! 😂
Aren’t they though?!? 😂

@Smilinbri

Man, I'm sorry to hear that That incident happened so close to your home.. So extremely sad these days..
Craziness.

What an Awesome track that's turning out to be!
You could start a business of building custom RC Racetracks or Bashing parks!

@Smilinbri

Man, I'm sorry to hear that That incident happened so close to your home.. So extremely sad these days..
Craziness.

What an Awesome track that's turning out to be!
You could start a business of building custom RC Racetracks or Bashing parks!
Thanks...yea, crazy stuff.

Thanks so much! Appreciate it!

Ha! Don't know bout that. People expect perfection and I'm more of the philosophy of "That'll work!" 😂

Wel crappers.....all week I've been carefully chucking rocks over by the shed and of course on the last day a little one does this! 😣🤫

I soon as I tossed it I was like "NOOOOOOOO!!!"

O well.....more room now for a driver stand! 👍:unsure:😁
20220610_105244.jpg
20220610_105301.jpg

Thanks...yea, crazy stuff.

Thanks so much! Appreciate it!

Ha! Don't know bout that. People expect perfection and I'm more of the philosophy of "That'll work!" 😂

It'll be a Dirt racetrack ,and be outdoors!
I'm not sure what perfection will means in this case ,especially after a rain or two... 😜

It'll be a Dirt racetrack ,and be outdoors!
I'm not sure what perfection will means in this case ,especially after a rain or two... 😜
Very true, after several hours of 1/8 mt or truggy usage..perfection?🤣🤣 While I can appreciate the ideal of having a perfectly prepped track, seems more work than it's worth to me..
Close counts in my book, my stuff usually isn't anywhere near perfect..rigs, track..none of it!!🤣🤣 Just not who I am..I'm all about having fun with rc's 🍻
Wel crappers.....all week I've been carefully chucking rocks over by the shed and of course on the last day a little one does this! 😣🤫

I soon as I tossed it I was like "NOOOOOOOO!!!"

O well.....more room now for a driver stand! 👍:unsure:😁
View attachment 222733View attachment 222734
D'Oh!!

Attachments

• EmBhk4.gif
    EmBhk4.gif
    46.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Close counts in my book, my stuff usually isn't anywhere near perfect..rigs, track..none of it!!🤣🤣 Just not who I am..I'm all about having fun with rc's
I am exact same way! That's why I have so much duct tape laying around! Lol

Hats off to you man! One motivated guy you are!! Looks awesome fo sho!!🍻
Thanks! I try! 😁 Just want it done so I can play!!! (And fam misses me, bills need paid, need groceries, SIL and her 3 kids coming to stay next week.....) ✌️

HaHa! Now I get it..YOU'LL need an escape next week!!🤣🤣
RIGHT! That'll be 5 kids (g-4, 9, 10 /b-12, 13) and 2 women! Lol

RIGHT! That'll be 5 kids (g-4, 9, 10 /b-12, 13) and 2 women! Lol
Assuming you’re prepared and have a well stocked beer fridge by your track…

Well, it is finally complete! 🥳😆 Finished it up late afternoon. Got some time later in the evening to run my SCT (sorry-yes it's the Traxxas--my Senton is still in the "pit" due to putting on hold to work on track) and also my Noto. My daughter assisted with testing it out with a Bezgar. Those are so much fun (and safe) to drive-especially for the kids. (y)

Just need to install the LED lamps, the huge umbrella & stand (as there is no shade) and will be ordering some more artificial grass to cover one section. I wanted to spread a thin layer of the new dirt all over the old course....but ran out. I did get it on all the berms, jumps and some of the track areas--especially the runway to the main ramp.

So it was a little dry & dusty at first (was too excited and didn't wet it down 1st!). Rigs were all over the place. After wetting it down it was much more manageable. This is the 1st I have driven on the track since last season! Man it felt GREAT!!!! 😝

Everything seemed to work out well. I am not happy with the main ramp and will be making adjustments to that. The section around the tree/side of shed turned into more of a novelty as you can't see around the corner if standing in the typical "driver area". No big deal, it was meant to just be an extra area to run on anyway. The tunnel turned out excellent! :p

I will be uploading a lot of pics and short videos. Had some fun with the camera phone but can't wait to get GoPro for my Bday this month (whether fam gets it for me or I do! 😉) There's one video that gives a tour of the track. They may be in separate posts due to amount of them. Some of the vids are a trip (especially the one where the bug landed on me!!)!! 🤣

I did want to thank you guys for the positive comments and for enjoying this crazy 2-week ride with me! Wait till next Spring and I take over the rest of the yard! More tunnels, bridge, maybe a small petting zoo and carnival with clowns!!!!! 😝 🤣

So I'll start with the tunnel. After that I'll just start uploading photos/vids. ENJOY!!! 🤙✌️

The tunnel is nothing big and the only spot I could incorporate it was over my narrow shortcut. I was at Lowes the other day just wandering around looking at stuff trying to get ideas and came across the window wells. Plastic ones at that. I was like...hmmmmmm....:unsure:.......here's me at Lowes--people were probably like--"Does he know those window wells don't go that way?" 😂
20220608_074121.jpg

I ended up getting 2 of the 18" ones. $20 each...not bad at all. They also are "stackable" so they fit like a glove onto each other! BONUS! 🤙
Laying flat on the ground there wouldn't be much clearance for most rigs, however I was able to get one side nailed to the berm and just nailed the other side (spikes fit perfectly in premade holes) into the pipe. It seems pretty sturdy so far. We'll see as the season progresses as the rain may affect it. I used a few pieces of black duct tape inside to hold them together. This thing will evolve I am sure! Not much of a tunnel, but it's a tunnel!! ;)(y)

20220610_104556.jpg

20220610_104601.jpg

20220610_104607.jpg
20220610_104614.jpg

20220610_194518.jpg

20220610_145711.jpg
20220610_145738.jpg
20220610_145804.jpg
20220610_145810.jpg
20220610_145812.jpg
20220610_145817.jpg
20220610_145846.jpg
20220610_145902.jpg

20220610_145955.jpg

20220610_150040.jpg
20220610_150046.jpg
20220610_150036.jpg

20220610_150058.jpg

20220610_150132.jpg

VideoCapture_20220610-195954.jpg
VideoCapture_20220610-202724.jpg

20220610_194941_1.gif

Last edited:
Well, it is finally complete! 🥳😆 Finished it up late afternoon. Got some time later in the evening to run my SCT (sorry-yes it's the Traxxas--my Senton is still in the "pit" due to putting on hold to work on track) and also my Noto. My daughter assisted with testing it out with a Bezgar. Those are so much fun (and safe) to drive-especially for the kids. (y)

Just need to install the LED lamps, the huge umbrella & stand (as there is no shade) and will be ordering some more artificial grass to cover one section. I wanted to spread a thin layer of the new dirt all over the old course....but ran out. I did get it on all the berms, jumps and some of the track areas--especially the runway to the main ramp.

So it was a little dry & dusty at first (was too excited and didn't wet it down 1st!). Rigs were all over the place. After wetting it down it was much more manageable. This is the 1st I have driven on the track since last season! Man it felt GREAT!!!! 😝

Everything seemed to work out well. I am not happy with the main ramp and will be making adjustments to that. The section around the tree/side of shed turned into more of a novelty as you can't see around the corner if standing in the typical "driver area". No big deal, it was meant to just be an extra area to run on anyway. The tunnel turned out excellent! :p

I will be uploading a lot of pics and short videos. Had some fun with the camera phone but can't wait to get GoPro for my Bday this month (whether fam gets it for me or I do! 😉) There's one video that gives a tour of the track. They may be in separate posts due to amount of them. Some of the vids are a trip (especially the one where the bug landed on me!!)!! 🤣

I did want to thank you guys for the positive comments and for enjoying this crazy 2-week ride with me! Wait till next Spring and I take over the rest of the yard! More tunnels, bridge, maybe a small petting zoo and carnival with clowns!!!!! 😝 🤣

So I'll start with the tunnel. After that I'll just start uploading photos/vids. ENJOY!!! 🤙✌️

The tunnel is nothing big and the only spot I could incorporate it was over my narrow shortcut. I was at Lowes the other day just wandering around looking at stuff trying to get ideas and came across the window wells. Plastic ones at that. I was like...hmmmmmm....:unsure:.......here's me at Lowes--people were probably like--"Does he know those window wells don't go that way?" 😂
View attachment 222896

I ended up getting 2 of the 18" ones. $20 each...not bad at all. They also are "stackable" so they fit like a glove onto each other! BONUS! 🤙
Laying flat on the ground there wouldn't be much clearance for most rigs, however I was able to get one side nailed to the berm and just nailed the other side (spikes fit perfectly in premade holes) into the pipe. It seems pretty sturdy so far. We'll see as the season progresses as the rain may affect it. I used a few pieces of black duct tape inside to hold them together. This thing will evolve I am sure! Not much of a tunnel, but it's a tunnel!! ;)(y)

View attachment 222903
View attachment 222904
View attachment 222905View attachment 222906
View attachment 222907

View attachment 222908View attachment 222909View attachment 222910View attachment 222911View attachment 222912View attachment 222913View attachment 222914View attachment 222915
View attachment 222917
View attachment 222919View attachment 222920View attachment 222918
View attachment 222921
View attachment 222922
View attachment 222924View attachment 222925

View attachment 222923

Great job man!! Looks fun as hell 🙂🙂👍👍

Great job man!! Looks fun as hell 🙂🙂👍👍
Thanks so much! Glad I can play now!!!
O and the Noto did fine on the track being a 1/8.....but he's like a wild stallion.....gotta run free! So the last 30 mins I was doing speed runs through the yard!! 😁 ✌️ God I love the 6s line!! Can't wait to get another one! :unsure:;)🤫

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back