Smilinbri's RC track build-Ridin' Dirty Raceway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think ill go tekno, its the better truck from what I've read.
Def is, just costs a lot more to build. If you see the Senton 3s on sale (or even used), I'd snag one of those too. I'll be getting a 2nd Senton this summer. Can't wait to see your track progress!! (y)

Def is, just costs a lot more to build. If you see the Senton 3s on sale (or even used), I'd snag one of those too. I'll be getting a 2nd Senton this summer. Can't wait to see your track progress!! (y)
Ive looked on ebay for different model used rc cars but they are always over priced. They always want close to the new asking price and are usually beat to hell. And the ones in good shape are more expensive than the brand new ones lol go figure

Well, warmer weather is right around the corner and all my rigs are fixed/maintained and ready to go. So time to work on my track. (y) 🥳

I have 2 large mounds of dirt from when the shed guys came and dug the foundation for the 2 sheds we recently got. Free dirt! 😜

It's full of rocks, so I made myself a sifter. Used 2x4s I already had and some hardware cloth from Lowes. Sized it to fit on top of my Gorilla cart. Took about 20 mins to build.

Tested it out and it worked great!! I'll use the rocks as base for jumps and the bridge in my future extension and the sifted dirt to fix up my berms and ramps on existing track that have been lowered/washed away over time. I won't sift the entire 2 piles, just what I need. The rest, not sifted, will also be used as base material.

I'm gonna try and get out there every day the weather and adulting time allows me. Soon I'll get with my neighbor, who is gonna use his equipment to scrap the top couple inches off of the rest of the yard dedicated for the track extension, and get that scheduled. 🤗🙂

Till the next update!! 😁✌️
20230316_155332.jpg
20230316_171653.jpg
20230316_171859.jpg
20230316_173139.jpg
20230316_173128.jpg
20230316_175308.jpg

Well, warmer weather is right around the corner and all my rigs are fixed/maintained and ready to go. So time to work on my track. (y) 🥳

I have 2 large mounds of dirt from when the shed guys came and dug the foundation for the 2 sheds we recently got. Free dirt! 😜

It's full of rocks, so I made myself a sifter. Used 2x4s I already had and some hardware cloth from Lowes. Sized it to fit on top of my Gorilla cart. Took about 20 mins to build.

Tested it out and it worked great!! I'll use the rocks as base for jumps and the bridge in my future extension and the sifted dirt to fix up my berms and ramps on existing track that have been lowered/washed away over time. I won't sift the entire 2 piles, just what I need. The rest, not sifted, will also be used as base material.

I'm gonna try and get out there every day the weather and adulting time allows me. Soon I'll get with my neighbor, who is gonna use his equipment to scrap the top couple inches off of the rest of the yard dedicated for the track extension, and get that scheduled. 🤗🙂

View attachment 285909View attachment 285910View attachment 285911View attachment 285912View attachment 285913View attachment 285914
For a minute it looks like your gold mining 😁

Looking forward to seeing some progress. I'm still getting 4 days a week of rain plus its gotten cold again around freezing temps and below. Plus had half a 60ft tree fall in my yard plus limbs off another knocking power lines down. On the plus side it gave me a reason to buy a chainsaw
Man, I was wondering how your progress was going on your track build. Sucks you keep gettin' all the rain and crap. Maybe by August it'll be dry enough to start. 🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 285909View attachment 285910View attachment 285911View attachment 285912View attachment 285913View attachment 285914
Very nice! (um…any nice lookin’ rocks?)
😂

Very nice! (um…any nice lookin’ rocks?)
😂
I was waiting for you to ask lol

Idk....was moving quick cuz kids were waiting for me to make dinner :rolleyes:. I'll def keep an eye out and send some pics of any that look cool. I have no clue what I'm lookin' at though. 🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO: Plenty of em left!

I was waiting for you to ask lol

Idk....was moving quick cuz kids were waiting for me to make dinner :rolleyes:. I'll def keep an eye out and send some pics of any that look cool. I have no clue what I'm lookin' at though. 🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO: Plenty of em left!
Thanks buddy. I was kinda joking. I have rocks coming outta my ears, we spent all day looking again at the Colorado river and Natures treasures in Austin. Nearly home and so beat but man was it a fruitful trip!!

You don’t need to know much really. Find something that catches your eye and ‘pings’ when you tap it with a spoon or something metal then send me a picture. If it has curvy lines on it like a well built woman, even better.

Worked on the track all day today. Got all the berms, ramps and landing ramps reinforced/built up. Still gotta a big ole mound of dirt to sift. I'll need some for the ramps and bridge on the new extension and the rest I will make the approach on my current ramp longer.

Went ahead and spray painted out my extension. :LOL: So excited!! Also had some drainage tubes left over so had to determine how much more I'd need. Looks like about 300' more.

Swept and cleaned up the track as best as I could as I am determined to get my first run time on it tomorrow. Wifey has to go down to VA for most the day, so daddy's gonna play!!! Gotta get those freshly painted shells dirty!! 😜😁🍻(y)✌️🥳:LOL::LOL::LOL:
20230426_110325.jpg
20230426_115405.jpg
20230426_154709.jpg
20230426_154717.jpg

Worked on the track all day today. Got all the berms, ramps and landing ramps reinforced/built up. Still gotta a big ole mound of dirt to sift. I'll need some for the ramps and bridge on the new extension and the rest I will make the approach on my current ramp longer.

Went ahead and spray painted out my extension. :LOL: So excited!! Also had some drainage tubes left over so had to determine how much more I'd need. Looks like about 300' more.

Swept and cleaned up the track as best as I could as I am determined to get my first run time on it tomorrow. Wifey has to go down to VA for most the day, so daddy's gonna play!!! Gotta get those freshly painted shells dirty!! 😜😁🍻(y)✌️🥳:LOL::LOL::LOL:
View attachment 295496View attachment 295497View attachment 295498View attachment 295499
Looking good my man, looking good.

Yeah buddy!! Lookin like a proper rc track!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor bro!!🍻😎👌
Thanks man!! Can't wait to get the Tekno out there!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back