Smilinbri's RC track build-Ridin' Dirty Raceway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
Hellooooo Arrma peeps!!! :D

I have shared some of my home dirt track and extension plans on other threads and have garnered enough likes and positive comments that I believe there's enough interest to start its own build thread! Yeah for me! :p I hope this also assists others who are thinking of building a track in their yard.

I just want to share my love and joy for RCs. I hope you enjoy the journey. Please feel free to offer ideas, ask questions, make smart comments, be jealous, etc. Whatever floats your boat! (y)

This 1st post will bring everyone up to speed.

To not repeat the origin of the track and the 1st few pics, check out my New Member Introduction post.....
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hello-from-western-md-basher-and-at-home-dirt-track-racer.51553/

This track has been a blast! It is a lot of maintenance keeping the weeds down, drainage issues, etc, but it's worth it! If I would have done it 100% properly the 1st time, the weeds would not have been an issue, but o well, eff it. I've added a lot of signs and stuff to the shed over the past year, different tables/seating/stands, added drainage pipes in a couple places which helped, ordered small load of new dirt, etc. This year it is getting a BIG make over! I've gathered a lot more signs/banners, getting a lot more dirt, bigger ramps, more ramps, beefing up some berms, extending the track, adding large street lamp LED lights, ordered one of those huge umbrella with stand, and I WILL FIGURE OUT A TUNNEL SOULTION! lol-I have a few ideas so we will see.

The last few weeks I have been making plans to extend the track. Got the Wifey's permission and my neighbors-since I will be going into his lot a foot or so around the tree. He's cool with it. As of yesterday, I have weed wacked the new lanes, laid the pipes (no, not THAT way-jeez! 😂), put together the street lamps, assembled my new tiller and am ready to get to work! The course extensions changed a few times as I did practice runs with my Slash.

Here is a photo history to bring you up to date........Then I'll start posting my progress!

Here are a few collages showing the initial progress last year.....
20210523_194201.jpg

20210523_194250.jpg

20210523_194043.jpg

Drainage issues last year
20210611_173154.jpg

20210612_171549.jpg

20210612_184844.jpg

This was a huge storm---but it did drain! 😂
21384.jpeg

21380.jpeg

New dirt...yeah...that's dirt...it's new....they just made it........
20211001_131058.jpg

20211001_183922.jpg

Well, you should be up to date now. Any questions? Time to get off my lazy butt and get out there to start tilling! I'll post an update tonight.

Thank you to all of those, past and present, who have served in the US Military or their Allies. Thank you.

My Father is a Marine--OORAH!

AMERICA: LAND OF THE FREE-BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Have a great Memorial Day everyone!!! 🤙✌️👊

20210612_184847.jpg

it looks like you could put a small send it ramp on the left side burm for fun lol 😂
lol...yea, where the new dirt was dumped...that was the plan there...so they can fly out into the yard! I landed on that fence a few times though lol I'll make sure to incorporate something like that somewhere else though. (y)
That is great man! What a blast having a course right outside your door 😊 looking forward to its progression…👀
Thanks V! It is a blast! Just wish my neighbor was into RCs too! lol

OMG it is hot out there!! Good ole' MD heat and humidity! Bleh!

Here's some pics of the layout I did yesterday and the 2 solar street lamps I mentioned.

After that is what I have done so far today. Too hot, gotta break, need water......☀️☀️☀️💥☀️🔥☀️😵‍💫🥴

I weedwack it down as I like to use the dirt from tilling as a base for berms/ramps, so I want the least amount of grass as I can. Plus it hel0s because technically you are supposed to use a rear tiller for unbroken ground, but I ain't payin' $800-to a grand for one. Hell, I borrowed my neighbor's 25cc garden tiller to the track. Now I have a 99cc one which I am sure will get the job done! (y) ✌️

20220529_142457.jpg
20220529_141658.jpg
20220529_142541.jpg
20220528_142111.jpg
20220530_140419.jpg
20220530_140408.jpg

Looking fantastic and love the lay out! Yeah the heat is no big deal, I love it in the mid 90s to low hundreds. But once humidity hits over 80% I start falling apart. Man I wish we had grass like that in South Central Texas. But you have to have decent dirt and all we have is limestone and Colicchie clay.

I'll be right over!

Seriously tho, my wife would take one look at the back of the house and give me that look.
Lol...yea, I'm def lucky. She even jokes "just take the rest of that section"......but I be smart....don't fall for trap.....will ease into that next Spring! ;):LOL::p

@Smilinbri I don't know if I could hate you any more, just stop it! 😝😝😝
Can't wait to see how you work a tunnel into it! (y)
I large diameter piece of pc type pipe 1/3 buried could work. The top side could be a whoop/jump.

Looking fantastic and love the lay out! Yeah the heat is no big deal, I love it in the mid 90s to low hundreds. But once humidity hits over 80% I start falling apart. Man I wish we had grass like that in South Central Texas. But you have to have decent dirt and all we have is limestone and Colicchie clay.
Yea, grass grows like crazy....currently mowing twice a week 🤨😁

Well, it was too hot to finish the one section so I moved to the shade lol. Should be able to finish weedwackin tomorrow and start tillin'!!!!
20220530_181954.jpg
20220530_181938.jpg
20220530_181929.jpg

So, are you going to open that track up to races?
Looks like it's going to be able to host some nice races for the locals..
Hahaha..nah....it's nothing professional like that. Too hard to keep up with. Just friends and family. Even runnin' it by myself is therapeutic! :)

Well, got the weedwackin' finished but it is "Weather Bug shows a cactus" hot!! Plus got a picnic to go to later for kids school. So need a shower and a good nap! (y)

Tracks coming along. Just need this weather to cool off. I was playing around with the hyperlapse video. Hope you enjoy!

Till next time.....Smilinbri OUT! ✌️
20220531_132830.jpg

20220531_132842.jpg
20220531_132901.jpg
20220531_132908.jpg

Well, got the weedwackin' finished but it is "Weather Bug shows a cactus" hot!! Plus got a picnic to go to later for kids school. So need a shower and a good nap! (y)

Tracks coming along. Just need this weather to cool off. I was playing around with the hyperlapse video. Hope you enjoy!

Till next time.....Smilinbri OUT! ✌️
View attachment 220788
View attachment 220789View attachment 220790View attachment 220791
Excuse me for my ignorance, but what does Smilinbri mean ???? lol

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what does Smilinbri mean ???? lol

Lol.....just my user name......name's Brian and I smile a lot! 😁 😁 😁😁 Get it? Smilin' Brian? ;):LOL::ROFLMAO: Plus my grandma used to call me Bri-Bri :love:

Why you got a 66 in yours? :ROFLMAO:

Lol.....just my user name......name's Brian and I smile a lot! 😁 😁 😁😁 Get it? Smilin' Brian? ;):LOL::ROFLMAO: Plus my grandma used to call me Bri-Bri :love:

Why you got a 66 in yours? :ROFLMAO:
Well, I guess 66 is just my favorite number.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back