Smilinbri's RC track build-Ridin' Dirty Raceway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
This has been as much fun to watch as it was work for you.....that means it was super fun! Really enjoyed watching the new additions come to life. Super jealous. Now get out there and enjoy the fruits of your labor! :love:

This has been as much fun to watch as it was work for you.....that means it was super fun! Really enjoyed watching the new additions come to life. Super jealous. Now get out there and enjoy the fruits of your labor! :love:
Yea, it's been a blast! Lost 12lbs the last 2 weeks too! (That'll be put back on by end of month! :ROFLMAO:) Thanks for sharing in my adventure Doom!!! ✌️

Yesterday I decided to clear out one of my berms to make a part of the new section more of a straight away. It worked out perfectly! Plus I needed the dirt to fix up the main ramp. That turned out pretty well too.

Got an indoor/outdoor temp thingy so I can see the track temp and how hot it always is in the shed! 😂

Installed a solar light for my shed pit bench. (y)

I FINALLY finished the OTB upgrades for my Senton and took it for a spin on the track last night.... ...I LOVE IT!!! :love: It's like it was made specifically for my track! Perfect speed/power with the 3s, not too big for the track and it hugged the track like it was it's long lost puppy!! 🤪 I only upgraded bearings, receiver, servo and diff oil. I might have to get another one of these for the track!

Enjoy! ✌️
20220617_171342.jpg

20220617_171316.jpg

20220617_171418.jpg

20220617_203424.jpg

20220617_203539.jpg

Sorry about the vid......I've asked my fam for a GoPro for Father's Day or my bday (next weekend) so hopefully I'll have better videos soon!!!

Finally got the 9' umbrella set up. Need to order the base....not sure the rigs will like bouncing off concrete blocks! :ROFLMAO: I need to rearrange some things in drivers row so that isn't the umbrellas finally resting place.

I still need to install the solar parking lot lamp and I think I'm gonna get another 2 yards of dirt to beef up ramp and landing ramp.

Spent a few hours running the track. I think most of that time was spent watering dirt! Lol 3rd world countries ain't got no clean water and I'm out here watering dirt! :LOL: It is sooo dry. While I love the rooster tails and all, hard as hell to control when it's so dry. Getting a sprinkler to run to help keep it wet.

Got my new Gopro9 last night!!! Can't wait to get some cool track vids to share.

Now I just need some friends to race with! :cry::rolleyes::p
20220629_165843.jpg

20220629_165856.jpg
20220629_165921.jpg
20220629_172602.jpg

Senton actually rolled and landed like that and stayed....it was too funny. Did it earlier too where it was standing straight up on its butt.....but couldn't get a pic in time before it fell.
20220629_200851.jpg

It’s looks really nice Brian! Am I seeing right? Is your temp gauge sayin’ only 28% humidity?!? Can’t be right with all that green… love the peg board. Need to get some of that. The whole set up is just dang nice! 🤔 where’s the beer fridge? Did I miss I miss it somehow?

It’s looks really nice Brian! Am I seeing right? Is your temp gauge sayin’ only 28% humidity?!? Can’t be right with all that green… love the peg board. Need to get some of that. The whole set up is just dang nice! 🤔 where’s the beer fridge? Did I miss I miss it somehow?
Yea, it's showing humidity in the shed, and it was really dry that day at not that humid.

Pegboard is great

Lol...no electricity to that shed.....yet......beer fridge is in garage and basement. But don't need a fridge to smoke a fatty!!! :LOL: :p :cool: ✌️

Yea, it's showing humidity in the shed, and it was really dry that day at not that humid.

Pegboard is great

Lol...no electricity to that shed.....yet......beer fridge is in garage and basement. But don't need a fridge to smoke a fatty!!! :LOL: :p :cool: ✌️
Right?!? Yeah I quit smoking after…well I was around 15 when I started and quit the daily thing couple years back, age 50, so it was time. Have it prescribed now anyway for neuropathy pain in gelcap form. But we’re going to Washington in a couple weeks so I’ll be up in smoke within an hour from landing. Every now and then is okay. Yeah 🥹
I had to quit beer a few weeks ago (aggravating my degrading nerves) so it’ll be nice to smoke up.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm your dealer! "You lookin' man? What cha need? I'm holdin'."

I love racing a dirt track. I finally went to my LHS the other day, 20 mins away. They have an outdoor dirt track, $10 to "practice" all day. Bout the size of mine, just wider lanes. They hold open races every week. I'm nervous to even try that, but think I am going to go up one day and run their track to see how I do. Maybe try a race. 😳😶‍🌫️😬 I got mad skills racing on mine, but I designed and ran this track tons of times!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm your dealer! "You lookin' man? What cha need? I'm holdin'."

I love racing a dirt track. I finally went to my LHS the other day, 20 mins away. They have an outdoor dirt track, $10 to "practice" all day. Bout the size of mine, just wider lanes. They hold open races every week. I'm nervous to even try that, but think I am going to go up one day and run their track to see how I do. Maybe try a race. 😳😶‍🌫️😬 I got mad skills racing on mine, but I designed and ran this track tons of times!
Dude, racing is amazing. Racing anything is a major rush. In mountain bikes and at the velodrome I was only a mid pack contender but it was for the rush I showed up often as I could year after year. If I had access to a rc track nearby I’d start working towards at least trying it. Pretty much why I’m competing for last in the 3s challenge 🐢😂

Dude, racing is amazing. Racing anything is a major rush. In mountain bikes and at the velodrome I was only a mid pack contender but it was for the rush I showed up often as I could year after year. If I had access to a rc track nearby I’d start working towards at least trying it. Pretty much why I’m competing for last in the 3s challenge 🐢😂
O yeah......as soon as I get through 1 race I'll be hooked!! 👍 Fo' sho'! 😂

Man this whole track is really coming together. I'm loving all the work that you've put in, it's so cool! I live in Arizona, worst place in the US to do anything with dirt. everything here is dusty, dry, and rock solid, makes it quite difficult to do anything lol.

I've always had the dream of building a track in my backyard, but it's even cooler to see someone making their own. Best of luck and have fun!

Man this whole track is really coming together. I'm loving all the work that you've put in, it's so cool! I live in Arizona, worst place in the US to do anything with dirt. everything here is dusty, dry, and rock solid, makes it quite difficult to do anything lol.

I've always had the dream of building a track in my backyard, but it's even cooler to see someone making their own. Best of luck and have fun!
Lol...thanks! Appreciate it. Yea, our dirt here is easy to work with but it's been so dry here I've been watering dirt like it's a new house plant! 😂

Yeah, it's def a dream. Wait till the Spring next year, I'm expanding it the rest of the rear yard and adding a small bridge. Can't wait! 👍✌️
ok wait.... Build a RC short course in the back frickin' yard, use it as excuse to wifey to buy more short course RC's!
I mean is this guy something or is this guy something?
🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

OMG I almost spit my coffee out when I read this! 🤣🤣

That's the exact excuse I used when I got the Redcat SCT on sale the other week! And what I'm going to use the get another Senton. 👍😝

Also thinking about "forcing" my kids into it by buying "them" their own "real" rigs...;)..(they have Bezgar/"Amazon" cars now). Thinking Big Rock for my 13yo boy and the Vortex for my 10yo daughter. I've always wanted those......I mean always wanted them for the kids! THEY'RE FOR THE KIDS HONEY!!! 😂🤣:LOL:

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️✌️

Last edited:
Ye've put in some graft there Brian, time tae kick back an enjoy it noo lad!
Thank you sir! It's been fun! Got a GoPro9 yesterday so that's gonna be a blast! As of last night 5 of 6 rigs need a small repair, so I'll be wrenching for a day or 2 now! Lol. ✌️

Lol...thanks! Appreciate it. Yea, our dirt here is easy to work with but it's been so dry here I've been watering dirt like it's a new house plant! 😂

Yeah, it's def a dream. Wait till the Spring next year, I'm expanding it the rest of the rear yard and adding a small bridge. Can't wait! 👍✌️

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

OMG I almost spit my coffee out when I read this! 🤣🤣

That's the exact excuse I used when I got the Redcat SCT on sale the other week! And what I'm going to use the get another Senton. 👍😝

Also thinking about "forcing" my kids into it by buying "them" their own "real" rigs...;)..(they have Bezgar/"Amazon" cars now). Thinking Big Rock for my 13yo boy and the Vortex for my 10yo daughter. I've always wanted those......I mean always wanted them for the kids! THEY'RE FOR THE KIDS HONEY!!! 😂🤣:LOL:

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️✌️
Maybe you should consider a Tekno SCT, should perform way better than a senton.

Only $305 on amain for a kit without electronics: https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...ic-4wd-short-course-truck-kit-tkr5507/p438712

Maybe you should consider a Tekno SCT, should perform way better than a senton.

Only $305 on amain for a kit without electronics: https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...ic-4wd-short-course-truck-kit-tkr5507/p438712
Lol...I was just looking at that yesterday. And the Tekno MT. I might have to pull the trigger on that SCT as that's a great price. It'll end up being a shelf queen (well, princess I guess since its a kit :LOL:) for a little bit though as I am deep into my other rigs right now. Hmmmmm.......maybe I'll have it delivered to parents house so the wifey doesn't throw a fit! Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back