Smilinbri's Tekno SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally started my Tekno SCT410.3 kit build. 🥳

I want to give shout-outs to everyone that had a SCT410.3 build thread here and specifically @Hector_Fisher , @KnowAir and @Dutch for their awesome build threads. The majority of my research was completed on the Tekno forum, and Bill DeLong on there had the most knowledge to share. His build thread was precise, detailed, and had plenty of tips. Def helped me out a lot on my 1st kit build. (y)

I decided to do something similar to his thread, in the hopes it helps some other newbies like me!!! 😃

As expected, the Tekno kit is excellent quality and the build instructions are easy to follow. It's been a blast putting this together. 😆 The shock/pivot ball multi-tool def came in handy!!!

Bags A & B - All 3 diffs
This section was very simple. The diff parts were all perfectly created to Tekno's specs and everything went together easy. Once completed and filled with oil, they were smooth like butta! 🤗 I was surprised that Tekno used composite diff cross pins though. 😲

Upgrades completed:
10k/7k/5k Diff oil
Fast Eddy Bearings (throughout build)
Metal 44T spur gear-#TKR5115
Aluminum diff cross pins-#TKR5149A
View attachment 279823View attachment 279824

Bags C & D - Front and Rear Gearboxes
This part was straight forward and super easy.
View attachment 279826

Bag E - Rear End
This part took me a while due to not understanding at first that the little pill pieces that go into the C & D (and A & B) blocks have a purpose. 🤔 I was wondering why I had so many and what the little dots were for. They weren't braille. 😂 Their purpose is to adjust the rear anti-squat and rear toe. Took me a lot of research to determine how I wanted it tuned for my dirt track since that's really the only place I'll be "racing" it. Thankfully, I found an app from So Dialed that allows you to select the different dots to see what the results are. This made it so much easier! I ended up going with .5° anti-squat and 2.5° rear toe. We'll see how that goes. 🤷‍♂️ (App pic below shows 1.5° anti-squat, however with an aluminum C Block, you subtract 1°)
I found the suspension arms did not need much reaming. Instead of a drill bit, I used a 4mm saw chain file.
Upgrades completed:
Aluminum C and D blocks-#TKR5163 & #TKR5164
View attachment 279827View attachment 279828View attachment 279830View attachment 279832

Bag F - Rear Camber Links
Had to pre-thread all the turnbuckles. Used a drill. I found this whole part was a PITA, but it got done. Using the drill helped, just had to make sure they were on correctly. Had to redo a couple, go figure. 🤦‍♂️
Upgrades completed:
Aluminum clamping wheel hex nuts - #TKR5571A
View attachment 279833View attachment 279834View attachment 279835

Bags G & H - Front End & Front Camber Links
Same process as Bags E & F. Went with -1° sweep & 12° kickup.
Upgrades completed:
Aluminum A & B blocks - #TKR5161 & #TKR5162
View attachment 279836View attachment 279837View attachment 279838

Bag I - Steering Assembly
Not bad, except for the stoopid servo saver spring. That was a real pain. :banghead: Tried multi-tool, plyers, wrench, vice clamp.......finally just used all my might with my palm. 💪 Lined up the screw cap and pushed on it until it caught. I was able to finally get it to catch and start screwing on. Thankfully, it was straight on, and I didn’t cross thread it. Placed the Ackerman plate on the far rear hole.
View attachment 279842View attachment 279843
Upgrades completed:
Aluminum Ackerman plate - #TKR5100

That's it for now. Going to continue working on it today and will update my progress later. Peace Out for now!!! 😁✌️
Fantastic build thread! lots of details! Thanks for listing upgrades, now I know what extra parts to order for my build.

Fantastic build thread! lots of details! Thanks for listing upgrades, now I know what extra parts to order for my build.
Thanks!! My pleasure. Glad it helped. Good luck and make sure to share your build too!! (y) 😬 ✌️ 🍻

Finally got the lid painted and stickered up!!! :LOL:
Going to add the screens to the air vents like Bashingbrian has.

Also got my Tekno club card!! Laminated a wallet size and a bigger one to hang in my pit area!!! Thanks @Dutch and Mr. President @Hector_Fisher !!! 😜🤪😅😆😁✌️

View attachment 281756View attachment 281757

PS-16 Metallic Blue - 4 coats
PS-3 Light Blue on the smaller areas - 3 coats
PS-Pearl White backing - 2 coats
PS-31 Smoke on windows - 5 coats
View attachment 281762View attachment 281760View attachment 281759View attachment 281758View attachment 281761
Awesome job!! That is just gorgeous!! Great color combos!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back