Smilinbri's Tekno SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeeeah buddy!! 🤘

The thing drives so smoothly. It will be hard going back to the senton once you get this up and running! 🤣

I should have done that tip with the drill. Hated threading the turnbuckles.
My ‘dream rc’ is the mt410, so I’ll enjoy watching this post. Techno kits look amazing! I’m hoping to have one by years end.
Night and day difference to other brands (just drove my mt410 today!) in quality, fit, finish and handling.

Yeeeeah buddy!! 🤘

The thing drives so smoothly. It will be hard going back to the senton once you get this up and running! 🤣

I should have done that tip with the drill. Hated threading the turnbuckles.

Night and day difference to other brands. In quality, fit, and handling.
I'm def excited!!! Can't wait!!

Yea, eff those turnbuckles!! 😂

My plan too!!! 😜 🤞
I’ve got a really big rock tumbler to get first 😂 17lb barrel, full sealed bearings, solid motor, powder coated black…🤤

3564CAC4-1C4F-4168-A4E0-94045CE9F00E.png

Almost finished!!!! :LOL:

Bag J - Front End assembly
No problemo!
I did not use the 2 washers above the steering ball link for less bumpsteer.
20230221_202658.jpg
20230221_214727.jpg

Bag K - Center/Rear assembly
Easy peasy!!! Just don't forget to put the center driveshaft in before attaching the middle diff 🤦‍♂️

Upgrades completed:
Aluminum split center diff mount #TKR5262
Added steel rear skid plate #TKR5031
20230221_220341.jpg
20230221_225646.jpg

20230221_230306.jpg

Bags L & M - Front &Rear Shock assembly
Pretty straight forward. The "skewer" method recommended by Bill DeLong worked perfectly to get all the o rings and stuff in the shock. (Forgot to take a pic of it)

Went with standard build, 420cst-F/325cst-R, 2nd to outside holes on shock mount/inner holes on bottom

I will def upgrade to aluminum shock caps and adjustment nuts in the future. Those little pieces ain't cheap!

20230220_161222.jpg
20230221_233822.jpg
20230221_233836.jpg

Just a few more steps!! So excited!!! :LOL:😜👍✌️

The first thing I broke was the plastic hinge pin block, highly recommend the aluminum upgrade there.

EDIT: Nevermind! I see you've already got that covered! Nice!
Yup, noticed that all 4 were weak areas during my research, so got all 4 aluminum ones! 👍 😁

The first thing I broke was the plastic hinge pin block, highly recommend the aluminum upgrade there.

EDIT: Nevermind! I see you've already got that covered! Nice!
Me too.. "A" block..tree strike!!😂😂 Total user error,LOL.
That's the only thing I've broken thus far..body is getting beat too but it's an sct soo, bound to happen I suppose🤷‍♂️

before you buy the aluminum shock parts look at the m2c parts on Hobbytown. I bought some mt410 and et48 parts on there for quite a bit less than m2c’s site. They ended up being quite a bit less than the Tekno parts also.

before you buy the aluminum shock parts look at the m2c parts on Hobbytown. I bought some mt410 and et48 parts on there for quite a bit less than m2c’s site. They ended up being quite a bit less than the Tekno parts also.
That's a great tip. Had I known this, I would have just got the m2c A block from amain. And it would have been cheaper than the tekno one.

@Smilinbri .. I built one late last year too..!!
I can't believe I didn't do a build thread :ROFLMAO: you may have seen me asking random questions over on the Tekno forum.
Tekno's are such fun to build, the quality is amazing vs the RTR's we all normally play with ;)

Don't want to highjack your thread, but here's a few pics of mine, built purely for 4s..
There are so many things to love about these SCT's..!!

IMG_4291.jpeg
IMG_4347.jpeg
IMG_4348.jpeg

Thanks for the tip! I'll check that out! Good looking out. 👍 😁👊
@Smilinbri .. I built one late last year too..!!
I can't believe I didn't do a build thread :ROFLMAO: you may have seen me asking random questions over on the Tekno forum.
Tekno's are such fun to build, the quality is amazing vs the RTR's we all normally play with ;)

Don't want to highjack your thread, but here's a few pics of mine, built purely for 4s..
There are so many things to love about these SCT's..!!

View attachment 280435View attachment 280433View attachment 280434
Ha-ha-yup, I saw your ?s on there....some of the same? s I had.

And too funny as I was looking at your pics last night to see your set up while I was trying to route wires and get this big esc in there. Just gotta get servo hooked up and body posts and then it's on to painting the body! Supposed to be warm today but windy.....might have to paint in the garage.

Mine will be mainly 3s for my track. That'll be plenty fast enough for it. 👍😁✌️

I concur, 3s is plenty for track duties. 4s for open spaces will keep things exciting for sure.
I built mine out with 4s intentions.. I did try it once, then promptly went back to 3s.
I can actually see these things being quite fun even on 2s in the right environment.
Unfortunately I opted for a 2600kv motor so, 2s would be quite slow. 3s with a 20t pinion is really close to perfect for my sized area.
If I were doing it over, 3000-3200kv.
I will def upgrade to aluminum shock caps and adjustment nuts in the future.
I'm still running the plastic caps and spring collars on both the MT and SCT..
I have however upgraded the O ring caps(or whatever) they're called, to aluminum after breaking 2 of them on my MT. Makes a fine mess when they break I tell ya!! 😉😂😂

Last edited:
I concur, 3s is plenty for track duties. 4s for open spaces will keep things exciting for sure.
I built mine out with 4s intentions.. I did try it once, then promptly went back to 3s.
Funny thing is, that motor in mine is good for 5s..!! Probably melt the tyres off the rims :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Well, it's the final stretch and I have completed my build, except for painting the shell!!! 🥳🥳👏🤘

Started painting another one I got as practice since it's my 1st time and o boy, that didn't go well. :rolleyes: Gotta finish that mess and will post in painting forum when I'm done. Def some lessons learned and more practice needed. 🤦‍♂️

Bag N - Servo/ESC/Receiver
Def was easier with the wiring once the side trays were put on the chassis. Took awhile to clean up the wiring and the motor leads were really long. I don't/won't solder (could have shortened em), so had to determine the best way to mount everything so the wires could be neatly tucked away. I think it turned out pretty well! 🤗

Being Tekno and a SCT, which typically are known to be driven on dirt tracks, I was surprised that the receiver box was so open with holes and there wasn't a water/dust proof seal. I understand the holes on top are for a transponder and I believe the other slit was for some extra braking thingy.....I don't have a need for it. So I went the "manly" way and used duct tape!! 😆💪 Black Gorilla tape over all the holes. Put a slight bit of grease around the top edge before putting the lid on and then taped the edges.

I cut the tabs off of the ESC for more room and used double face tape to secure that down. In hindsight I should have left at least 1 tab on and drilled a small hole in the ESC holder and screwed it in. I foresee the ESC flying out after the 1st big crash. I'll deal with that when the time comes.

And ended up not using the Y adapter for the fans that you can see in the 1 pic. Just plugged em both directly into the receiver.

Electronics:
Hobbystar HBW-4724HV Brushless Servo
Radiolink R6FG receiver
Losi Tenacity Pro-Dynamite Fuze ESC-130A (from Jenny's RC)
Tekno 25T aluminum Servo horn #TKR5253B
20230222_121237.jpg

20230222_125440.jpg
20230222_130433.jpg
20230222_134725.jpg

Bag O & P - Final Assembly - Motor/Servo links/battery tray straps
Straight forward steps.

Motor/Upgrades:
Hobbywing EZRUN 3660/3200kv
17T pinion
Longer battery straps - #TKR40007K
Power Hobby aluminum motor mount
Surpass Rocket 30mm fans x2
Rear arm mud guards - #TKR5174
Air control guards - #TKR5504 - painted with Gun Metal-PS-23

Tires: Team Associated Pro4 SC10 on Fifteen52 wheels

Body: ProLine FLO-TEK Fusion (still needs painted)

I'll post the final pics of the painted body when the weather cooperates and I can get it done.

This was a pretty straight forward build. Only a few hiccups, but was a blast!! I tested it in my basement to make sure it runs. Can't wait to get it out on my track to see her rip!! I'll most likely tweak some of the adjustments once I run it a few times.

Thanks to everyone for following and I hope this build thread helps other newbies building this kit!!! 🥳😁✌️
20230222_134801.jpg
20230223_153143.jpg
20230223_155034.jpg
20230223_155520.jpg
20230223_170123.jpg
20230223_202759.jpg
20230223_202807.jpg
20230223_202826.jpg
20230223_204223.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back