Smilinbri's Tekno SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I try not to run em when it's muddy. So much fun, but to me, not worth the cleanup! Bad enough with my dusty track just tryin' to clean all the dry dirt and little rocks out! :ROFLMAO:
I hear that!! Just might be one of the biggest drawbacks to a rig where the body covers the wheels..add to that the fact that Tekno didn't add a slot in the chassis under the spur gear to eject debris. Still don't understand that one?
I actually cut a slot into my ET48 chassis that I swapped my MT410 onto with a die grinder and cut off wheel..LOL. I believe it helps prevent spur gears from chewing on rocks that inherently end up on the chassis.🤷‍♂️

I hear that!! Just might be one of the biggest drawbacks to a rig where the body covers the wheels..add to that the fact that Tekno didn't add a slot in the chassis under the spur gear to eject debris. Still don't understand that one?
I actually cut a slot into my ET48 chassis that I swapped my MT410 onto with a die grinder and cut off wheel..LOL. I believe it helps prevent spur gears from chewing on rocks that inherently end up on the chassis.🤷‍♂️
Great idea! Wish I would have thought of that before the build. It's too pretty right now to cut into!! :ROFLMAO:

Great idea! Wish I would have thought of that before the build. It's too pretty right now to cut into!! :ROFLMAO:
Yep. I only did it cuz I had the bare chassis in hand getting ready to swap everything over.
Hmm..should I cut a slot in this $100 piece of aluminum?🤔 Of course I should!!🤣🤣

@Smilinbri
Here ya go, should be 3.5 x 2in if you print it

1677531537398-png.281659

1677531985812.png

Last edited:
I made inner dirt guards and flat horizontal dirt guards and it still ended up looking like this... :( o_O
20 mins of play time and 3hrs of cleaning afterwards..!!!

View attachment 281664
Okay, maybe I should forego the inner fenders and just get the buggy body as an inner shell..🤔🤣🤣

I made inner dirt guards and flat horizontal dirt guards and it still ended up looking like this... :( o_O
20 mins of play time and 3hrs of cleaning afterwards..!!!

View attachment 281664
You need a dusty motors cover. Keeps the chassis clean and you can just hose down the rest.

Finally got the lid painted and stickered up!!! :LOL:
Going to add the screens to the air vents like Bashingbrian has.

Also got my Tekno club card!! Laminated a wallet size and a bigger one to hang in my pit area!!! Thanks @Dutch and Mr. President @Hector_Fisher !!! 😜🤪😅😆😁✌️

20230227_173834.jpg
20230227_173820.jpg

PS-16 Metallic Blue - 4 coats
PS-3 Light Blue on the smaller areas - 3 coats
PS-Pearl White backing - 2 coats
PS-31 Smoke on windows - 5 coats
20230227_194000.jpg
20230227_193934.jpg
20230227_193922.jpg
20230227_193915.jpg
20230227_193949.jpg

Also got my Tekno club card!! Laminated a wallet size and a bigger one to hang in my pit area!!! Thanks @Dutch and Mr. President @Hector_Fisher !!! 😜🤪😅😆😁✌️

View attachment 281756View attachment 281757

View attachment 281762View attachment 281760View attachment 281759View attachment 281758View attachment 281761
That color is poppin! It commands attention! Nice choice (y)

That color is poppin! It commands attention! Nice choice (y)
Thanks man!! Appreciate it!! Can't wait to paint another one!!! :LOL: (y) ✌️ I got the bug now!!!

View attachment 281762View attachment 281760View attachment 281759View attachment 281758View attachment 281761
Looks awesome dude, you're officially a member of the club now 🤣

Looks awesome dude, you're officially a member of the club now 🤣
Thanks man!! I'll bring the donuts to the next meeting!!
save dunkin donuts GIF

Thanks man!! Appreciate it!! Can't wait to paint another one!!! :LOL: (y) ✌️ I got the bug now!!!
That's what happens, you paint one and you get hooked..!! I've got bodies to paint that I don't even own cars for :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
In fact I almost have more clear bodies than cars..!!!

that looks amazing man, awesome job.
That's what happens, you paint one and you get hooked..!! I've got bodies to paint that I don't even own cars for :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
In fact I almost have more clear bodies than cars..!!!
lol man I have a tower of bodies to paint too. I'm still trying to figure out why I bought 2 jota bodies. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back