Smoked a steering servo...but why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Savox 2292 servo, literally just let out the magic smoke.

No issues up until that point that I could see. Did a cartwheel with the Kraton, but plopped it back on the ground and everything was fine until a few minutes later. Lost all steering, went up to the truck and you could smell something was burning. Pulled the body and smoke coming from the (really hot) steering servo.

Any ideas? I disconnected the servo and checked to make sure there was ~7.4V coming from the ESC and there was (about 7.3 but close enough)

Was it just bad luck? Its not a cheap servo!

I just off of what you posted, what kraton...4S, 6S, or the 8S?? It really doesn't matter, how did you set your end points??

Transmitter and receiver you're using and, please tell me not the STX2...there's no end point adjustment from that transmitter...

End points were good, using RadioLink RC6GS.

Set them with the truck inside on our floor, all the way left or right, no "stressing" sound coming from the servo (like that chattering electric vibration noise when its gone too far).

End points were good, using RadioLink RC6GS.

Set them with the truck inside on our floor, all the way left or right, no "stressing" sound coming from the servo (like that chattering electric vibration noise when its gone too far).
You're supposed to set the end points with the wheels off the ground.

But either way, if it is less than a year old Savox will replace it for free.

My thought, (since doing this on my phone), how did you centered the servo before placing/installing the horn on to it??

Placing the horn onto the servo without centering the servo first, then the horn...your end points will not be centered....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back