Snapped motor shaft Kraton 8s, pinion shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is geared towards the k8s, but I've been running the same plastic spur in my ERBEv2 on 6S (same motor/esc as my outcast 6S, max6/blx2050kv) with similar top speeds. For about a year. I need to weigh the two trucks... the ERBEv2 may be a bit lighter, but I was even running the same 3.8" trenchers on it. Oddly, it's diffs have held up better than my outcast, which I switched it's tires to the stock backflips.
A plastic spur gear acts like a torque converter. You’ll never see it with your naked eye, but that tiny amount of flex that a plastic gear gives, really does some saving on other drivetrain parts. But I can see why he says what he says. And we both know for some reason all arrma vehicles with plastic spurs have issues. If that’s all u experience, it’ll leave a sour taste in your mouth for all plastic spurs.

Believe it or not this has happened to me twice! Same motor first time the motor was 4 months old second and most recent time the fan motor was fresh out the box and broke first run!! My conclusion as to why it happened was because the pinion gear I put on didn't have a flat section that matches the motor shafts and it was slightly crooked therefore no matter how mycelium I tighten the set screw one the motor started spinning the set screw basically scraped little by little of the motor shaft which made it get crazy hot and even thinner then eventually snapped. BOOOOOOM! F#&KIN SUCKS!!!!! BUT it can be fixed if you know someone with a metal lathe... good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back