Kraton Snapped screw in rear Wing mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Any hits on how to remove that bad boy fellas? Look like it will be a nitemare.
and should I go plastic or aluminium rear wing mount replacement? This one has only lasted me about 4 weeks. 4 weeks of bad driving though.

thx a lot.
Cman

A picture would help. ?‍♂️

There's the RPM mount, but from what I've read it's not much better than stock.
I've had luck with stock mounts, mine bend but don't break.

POS mount from Germany is supposed to be the best but can be hard to get.

Don't go with aluminium, you'll probably break the mount AND something else in a crash.

A picture would help. ?‍♂️

There's the RPM mount, but from what I've read it's not much better than stock.
I've had luck with stock mounts, mine bend but don't break.

POS mount from Germany is supposed to be the best but can be hard to get.

Don't go with aluminium, you'll probably break the mount AND something else in a crash.

thanks for feedback nino. I appreciate it. Here it is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 221
If you are talking about the right side screw there you may be able to drill into the head and get it to pop off, take the tower and wing mount off, and unscrew it from the diff with a pair of pliers. when I snapped the screws back there in my notcast I had to do that, minus drilling out the head til it came off since it broke off already.

@calebgilmore I don't think he needs to drill anything, remove all screws, and with the leverage you get by grabbing the left "ear" of the tower, it should pop off. Then pliers for the stump left in the gearbox case.

Can’t you grab what’s left from the other side of the tower with some vice grips? If not, start with a super small drill bit dead center and keep drilling it out until it comes out with the drill bit. Run a M3 tap back thru the hole when done.

mate.....thanks a lot...don't have vice grips ....sounds like i need some.....need a drill too....such a rookie!
Thanks nino etc...This site is gold for a kook like me...appreciate it boys...

Clamp the tower in a vice use a small punch to walk it around.

I've snapped them off to . If you remove the shock tower , there will be enough sticking out to grab with a pair of vise grips. Stick with the stock wing mount . They break , but are cheap and prevent other parts from breaking.

I've snapped them off to . If you remove the shock tower , there will be enough sticking out to grab with a pair of vise grips. Stick with the stock wing mount . They break , but are cheap and prevent other parts from breaking.
Thanks soppy

@calebgilmore I don't think he needs to drill anything, remove all screws, and with the leverage you get by grabbing the left "ear" of the tower, it should pop off. Then pliers for the stump left in the gearbox case.

Hey Nino, an idea of the piece number of that screw ive snapped? The manual is confusing me! or maybe its all the beers! Only reply if you have time...thanks a lot mate

Hey Nino, an idea of the piece number of that screw ive snapped? The manual is confusing me! or maybe its all the beers! Only reply if you have time...thanks a lot mate
M3x20 12.9 grade hardened steel preferably black oxide. But the part number is AR721320

I had this problem, instead went with stainless steel screws for those (more flexible), and longer, and added nuts to the other end because I stripped one out during impact. Then later that same day I did the same thing however this time the wing mount broke off, and the screw bent down instead of breaking! Much better than breaking. SInce then I've removed the WING, replaced with RPM Wing Mount and wheelie bar... still with the stainless screws. Now it's been perfect for the first time all summer, nothing has broke since, if it flips at high speed now it just rides on the wheelie bars or slides on the body. My breaks were usually from wheeling over and the wing and mounts acting like a shovel.

Last edited:
That a great idea. Cheers mate. Will give it a go

Broke my one yesterday. Flipped it on mud. Obviously a bad design. So much for "built tough" ????. This should be a warranty issue, not £8.50 for another wing mount..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back