Outcast Snapped Shock Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeb.

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
EE683BB8-AA2E-4625-838B-478FEB70F823.jpeg
E3B593F8-BCB9-4069-8AFE-963E13BB6421.jpeg
74DF6D97-FD72-4BE7-B083-A9929ACC13DE.jpeg
Finally getting back into the hobby so I picked up an Outcast EXB. Out on its first run, I flipped it a couple of times then I noticed something wasn’t right. I snapped a right front shock shaft. I think I ran it for a mere 5 minutes.

I’m a bit disappointed, but things like this happen in our hobby. When I got it home I noticed that the stock steering servo was toasted as well. I have a Savox servo to install. Any recommendations on a servo arm that drops in?

I reached out to Arrma support and sent them all the info they requested. Let’s see what happens.

View attachment 175489View attachment 175490View attachment 175491Finally getting back into the hobby so I picked up an Outcast EXB. Out on its first run, I flipped it a couple of times then I noticed something wasn’t right. I snapped a right front shock shaft. I think I ran it for a mere 5 minutes.

I’m a bit disappointed, but things like this happen in our hobby. When I got it home I noticed that the stock steering servo was toasted as well. I have a Savox servo to install. Any recommendations on a servo arm that drops in?

I reached out to Arrma support and sent them all the info they requested. Let’s see what happens.
Welcome. I was going say rig looking super clean. But yes thing like this happen and sucks more when it's on the first run. But I like the hot racing servo arms. And horizon will take care of you.

View attachment 175489View attachment 175490View attachment 175491Finally getting back into the hobby so I picked up an Outcast EXB. Out on its first run, I flipped it a couple of times then I noticed something wasn’t right. I snapped a right front shock shaft. I think I ran it for a mere 5 minutes.

That was caused by a loose lock nut over the piston. They are usually loose out the box or loosen by themselves. Good to check the other 3 shocks. The loose piston wobbles with each stroke more and more. Then it binds that one time on a hard hit and the shaft snaps at the threads. My spin at least.
I use Blue TL on my piston nuts. Many track rig kits do this as part of procedure for building shocks. Piston Lock nuts can loosen because they sit in silicone oil.
Make them just tight enough that the piston can be rotated with slight pressure with your finger. Not over tight. That will break a piston.
Also, a proper droop setting will alleviate stress on the shaft at full extension.(y) Should be done out the box.

Last edited:
Welcome to the AF family….. Now that I have said that…. Dang, that really SUCKS. I’m sure you will be out breaking other parts real soon. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back