Notorious Snapping steel rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loon_tune

Learn better, do better.
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys and gals! I've got a ridiculously overpowered notorious (check my build thread) and i keep snapping those pins that go through the hub and axle. Like, everytime i go to bash, street or whatever, one or more of them snap. Is it my wheel extensions? I got some i think 10 or 20mm offsets. Would that make them snap? I've bought the steel rod stock from McMaster cqrr and it does the same thing. Thoughts?

Hey guys and gals! I've got a ridiculously overpowered notorious (check my build thread) and i keep snapping those pins that go through the hub and axle. Like, everytime i go to bash, street or whatever, one or more of them snap. Is it my wheel extensions? I got some i think 10 or 20mm offsets. Would that make them snap? I've bought the steel rod stock from McMaster cqrr and it does the same thing. Thoughts?

I snap my steel rod sometimes. But on to your question..

Is it the offsets? Probably not. It's quite possible that the pins simply cant handle the power of that mill you are running.. Dial back your throttle finger, go with a smaller batt, change your gearing or get lighter tires/wheels or a new smaller mill.

Cut up some titanium drill bits and use them for pins.

Which rod did you buy from McMaster? I'd try the alloy 4140 pre-hardened myself. Tool steels are amazing, but probably too brittle for this activity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back